New
Find
Notify
Tools

White Rifles?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I was looking through the latest copy of the NRA American Hunter and noticed a guy in some White heavily insulated overalls. His rifle stock was White too.

Haven't seen that in a very long time since I just don't bother hunting in cold weather anymore.

1. Do any of you all hunt in White clothes in the snow, or are you required to wear the Hunter Orange?

2. Do you have your rifle covered in White too?

Posts: 9920 | Location: Carolinas, USA | Registered: 22 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
In Sask.the rules say all white or all hunter orange for clothing. I used to wear white for calling coyotes...seemed to work.

the chef

One of Us
posted Hide Post
In Idaho there are no rules about wearing orange. I have gone hunting for coyotes in the snow I have wore my insulated coveralls to stay worm and then wore a white hat and a white bed sheet for "camo." It was effective and cheap.

Posts: 28 | Location: Kamiah, ID | Registered: 03 October 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of acsteele
posted Hide Post
I found I guy in alaska selling complete GI snow camo sets (Pants, Parka,white mittens, and the wool mitten liners) For something like 20 bucks shipped.
We have to have 100sq. inches, front and back, along with an orange hat. Camo stuff is ok, as long as we me meet the 100sq. inch rule.
I wear a heck of a lot more than required when moving into, or out of an area, or while still hunting. (too many yahoos, who shouldn't even be allowed to play with sharp things, much less firearms) Once I get in the stand, I rearrange my outer gear a little.

Happy Holidays!

Lt. Robert J. Dole, 10th Mountain, Italy.

Posts: 609 | Location: South-central KS | Registered: 22 September 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Murf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by calgarychef1:
In Sask.the rules say all white or all hunter orange for clothing. I used to wear white for calling coyotes...seemed to work.

the chef

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Red and yellow are also acceptable in Sask. Hat may NOT be white. The outer clothing can be a combination of the four colours. Also be aware camo orange is not legal.

pssst America, your vulnerability is showing.

Posts: 14361 | Location: Sask. Canada | Registered: 04 December 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hot Core:
I was looking through the latest copy of the NRA American Hunter and noticed a guy in some White heavily insulated overalls. His rifle stock was White too.

He was probably hunting coyotes or other predators.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12581 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of cwilson
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by acsteele:
I found I guy in alaska selling complete GI snow camo sets (Pants, Parka,white mittens, and the wool mitten liners) For something like 20 bucks shipped.

Please share the information and pricing for the above.

cwilson

A well requlated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed - 2nd Amendment U.S. Constitution

Posts: 715 | Location: Boswell, PA, USA | Registered: 20 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Doc
posted Hide Post
I wear snow camo here in Ohio but only when it snows homer

IMO, it is the very best camo when appropriate. I've had several deer walk within 10 yards of me while I was standing on the ground bowhunting. And yes, if they are that close, they usually wind up dead.

Ted Kennedy's car has killed more people than my guns