Find
Notify
Tools

One down, one still out there!
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of drummondlindsey
posted
I talked with my partner today at about 2:00 p.m. and he informed me that they killed a 36" deer today that has double droppers and good mass. He was on top of the world, this guy lives for big buck hunting. I got home and received the email with the pic and its not drop tines but cheaters coming off of the G2s and droop down quite a bit. Helluva buck for sure, grosses 212".

Anyway, I call the ranch to congratulate him again and he told me about the deer they wounded this evening. He says that the buck that they killed this morning is not even in the same class as the one they wounded. He is calling him 36"-38" wide with some inline extras. He was a different guy tonight as I am sure we all would be. He told me that the buck was knocked off of his feet, just slammed. He got back up and got into some heavy brush. He was not moving fast and they could tell that he was really sick as he disappeared into the thick cover. They waited about 10 minutes before starting the track job and jumped the buck 10 minutes into it. Again, no shot opportunity but they were getting quite a bit of blood and frothy lung blood. They said they even picked up a piece of pink spongy tissue, must be lung. Long story short, the deer jumped the fence onto an adjoining ranch that nobody is allowed to hunt. They are trying to gain permission to look for him in the morning and will let you guys know what they find.

Drum

Posts: 2092 | Location: Windsor, CO | Registered: 06 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Had they waited more then 10 minutes to pick up the trail they probably would have got him! Hope they get him in the morning, if so post some pics!

Posts: 135 | Location: New Jersey, USA | Registered: 02 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted Hide Post
Dang Drum, I hope they recover that deer.

Keep us posted.

Posts: 6265 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 13 July 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of drummondlindsey
posted Hide Post
I just got a call, they recovered the deer this morning. He is 34" wide so they were off a bit but the deer grosses in the low to mid 220's and should net around 210". I will post pics at the end of the year when we are completely done.

AVG 216" on one ranch yesterday! We'll NEVER see that again. I never thought we would beat the 194" avg for the entire season that we had 2 yrs ago. Looks like we might just do it this year.

Drum

Posts: 2092 | Location: Windsor, CO | Registered: 06 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
glad they recovered it--awesome success rate on some whopper bucks--chris

Posts: 294 | Location: Omaha, NE | Registered: 29 September 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
pictures PLEASE!!!!!!!! clap

Best Regards,

Craig Nolan

Posts: 403 | Location: South of Alamo, Ca. | Registered: 30 January 2003Reply With Quote