Find
Notify
Tools

COLT LIGHT RIFLE
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Hi Folks,
I just saw an ad from Kiesler's Wholesale ( [EMAIL]www.kieslersonline.com[/EMAIL] ) listing the Colt Light Rifle ( ULA RIFLE) w/ 3x9 scope and mounts for $429.00. Its available in .270/.30/06/7mm mag/.300 win mag. I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with these guns or Kiesler's?

Interestingly Colt's website does not list the Light Rifle as a current product. Could it be a closeout/one time only special?

I know there were some problems between Mr. Forbes of ULA and Colt in the past and I vaguely recall some sort of recall/defects with the Light Rifles.

The price point and the Specs on the rifle are very attractive. I'm just afraid that what seems to be too good to be true may very well be.

Thanks for your input.

Good Shooting,
HBB

Posts: 376 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of browningguy
posted Hide Post
These are closeouts, Colt stopped production last year I believe. It's a pretty good price, the previous best I had seen was $499.

Posts: 1242 | Location: Houston, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I HAVE AN UNCLE WHO PURCHASED ONE OF THESE RIFLES IN 270 WIN. IT SEEMS TO BE A WELL MADE RIFLE AND SHOOTS VERY GOOD GROUPS. THIS RIFLE HAS A FULL LENGTH (24INCH)
BARREL, AND STILL WEIGHS LESS THAN 6 POUNDS. ONLY PROBLEM WOULD BE PARTS AND
SERVICE AVAILABILITY.

Posts: 32 | Location: georgia usa | Registered: 01 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
i don't know anything about the recall, but parts and repairs should be available from Ultra Light Arms. - Dan

Posts: 5285 | Location: Alberta | Registered: 05 October 2001Reply With Quote