New
Find
Notify
Tools

leaving for a mountain lion hunt
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Dec. 27 th I will leave for Taos (NM) for my first mountain lion hunt.
Advises?

mario

Posts: 1421 | Location: northern italy | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Pray for snow!

Posts: 178 | Location: NE Pennsylvania | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
take lots of pictures,
and enjoy yourself.
GWB
PS. Also let us know how it was!

Posts: 23752 | Location: Pearland, Tx,, USA | Registered: 10 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bobby Tomek
posted Hide Post
Be sure to dress in layers. It can be bitter cold, but if the sunlight is strong in the afternoon and you are doing lots of walking, the temps will suddenly start to seem much warmer.

Best of luck to you on the hunt...

Bobby
Μολὼν λαβέ
The most important thing in life is not what we do but how and why we do it. - Nana Mouskouri

Posts: 9377 | Location: Shiner TX USA | Registered: 19 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of DesertRam
posted Hide Post
I've never hunted lion, so I'm not much help. However, if you make it to southern NM after your hunt, shoot me a PM and maybe we can go call coyotes (you'll be licensed). If nothing else, I'll buy you a weak American beer and tell you some hunting lies.

Good luck on your hunt!

Posts: 3296 | Location: Southern NM USA | Registered: 01 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
thanks guys. I wil pray for snow and I will bring the right clothes.
Desert ram thanks for the invitation. I dont know if i will have the time of coming in southern New Mexico. Probably I will go around Espaniola for to visit the ranch of my outfitter.

mario

Posts: 1421 | Location: northern italy | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of DesertRam
posted Hide Post
Well, keep my offer in mind if you do get to travel a bit. And of course, don't forget to take and post pictures for the rest of us to enjoy!

Posts: 3296 | Location: Southern NM USA | Registered: 01 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
ok thanks Desert. of course I will get many pictures.

mario