New
Find
Notify
Tools

My Unit 13, NM Bull
 Login/Join

one of us
posted

Knight Muzzleloader with 110 gr of Prodex under a 348 gr Powerbelt. Shot at about 100 yards. Bullet not recovered.

Here is the same bullet, sam powder charge, from my friend, Moe's bull at about 150 yards. though the heart, found under the hide on the opposite side.

Here's Nathan and Moe with Moe's bull -

one of us
posted Hide Post
Cali, was that a .50 Caliber? Looks like they did great for ya'll. Very nice bull you got. Congrats!

Posts: 3563 | Location: GA, USA | Registered: 02 August 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Yes, they were .50 rifles. I don't think I would try a "Texas Heart shot" with that bullet, as it "only" penetrated through the chest and did not pass through on a pretty much broadside shot. Of course, if you broke the hip, the bull isn't going to go anywhere so fast that you couldn't get a reload in, I guess. With a bullet and the pyrodex or Triple 7 pellets in a plastic tube, you can reload surprisingly fast!

one of us
posted Hide Post
The 348gr Powerbelt has killed 2 elk for me in the last 3 years. Both were short range (8yds and 53yds) and both exited. Longest blood trail was about 30 yards. I load 90 to 100 grs of Clear Shot. You and your partner took some Nice bulls!

Posts: 51 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: 05 July 2004Reply With Quote