New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pittman Roberts funding problems
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
A friend asked that I post this on several message boards. He is researching Pittman Roberts funding, and problems that states have got into when they attempt to divert that funding from its original purpose. He tells me that he heard that Colorado had a problem with this a few years ago.

Anyone who knows about such problems in P/R funding please let me know by PM or email at
trkyhntr17252@hotmail.com

Thanks,

THE LUCKIEST HUNTER ALIVE!

Posts: 853 | Location: St. Thomas, Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: 08 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The last republican govenor of Iowa tried to divert PR funds into the general fund but failed. He has since been replaced.

Brent

When there is lead in the air, there is hope in my heart -- MWH ~1996

Posts: 2255 | Location: Where I've bought resident tags:MN, WI, IL, MI, KS, GA, AZ, IA | Registered: 30 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The State of Oregon seems to love to divert funds earmarked for school districts in the NON Portland, Salem, Eugene parts of the state, into the General Fund....

But seems like there is always money being found for schools in areas that vote Democrat, but they seem to run out of money for areas that voted Republican...

But it seems like all of these state vehicles that have to come down here on 'official business'... seem to be low gas mileage SUVs...

barreling down the left lane on the freeway doing 15 to 20 mph OVER the speed limit...

Yeah living in a rural area full of Republican voters, in a state with only a few larger cities that always vote democrat and run the state legislature by a narrow margin.... is a good source for a lot of distrust and disgust with your state and how it is run...

Posts: 16144 | Location: Southern Oregon USA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Seafire, sorry to hear of your problems. I think that is the way all politicians work. Here, they use rerouted general funds to pay for coroporate welfare (start up funds and tax waivers for new business).

EVERYONE here drives over the speed limit. I don't think it is related to party affiliation or vehicle choice.

Brent

When there is lead in the air, there is hope in my heart -- MWH ~1996

Posts: 2255 | Location: Where I've bought resident tags:MN, WI, IL, MI, KS, GA, AZ, IA | Registered: 30 January 2002Reply With Quote