New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lead Toxicity
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
WTF!! The lefties have gotten the Authorities in Minneapolis/St.Paul to take venison off of the free "food shelves" for the poor because of the danger of lead toxicity! They have advised disposal of any uneaten meat. Samples of venison have detected evidence of lead in the meat. Maybe if you shoot Barnes copper or arrows or club the deer they will accept venison for the poor. What is happening to this country? People have been eating lead shot deer for hundreds of years. Can one of these idiots prove one case of lead toxicity as a result of eating venison? I think not.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
They don't have to prove anything. All they have to do is say the word LEAD and any govt. official who wants to be re-elected will throw the baby out with the bathwater to keep his/her position.

Let one crack head have elevated levels of LEAD in his drug riddled body and the lawsuits will begin. The soup kitchen, the city, the bullet manufacturers and probably the hunters would be sued. That would never happen, right?

Alan

But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.-Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 511 | Location: Goliad, Texas | Registered: 06 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of buffybr
posted Hide Post
quote:
The soup kitchen, the city, the bullet manufacturers and probably the hunters would be sued. That would never happen, right?

Only in America.

Lead toxicity increases with its velocity.

NRA Endowment Life Member

Posts: 1632 | Location: Boz Angeles, MT | Registered: 14 February 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Kyler Hamann
posted Hide Post
What, how can this be???

When I proposed months ago we should band together to fight it in CA because this garbage would spread, I was shot down because nobody cared what happened to us lefty losers.

It slipped through with apparently little opposition here and "lead" is such a politically incorrect word now in the media they've got tremendous momentum. Good luck getting a politician to come out as Pro-Lead.

Can we drop our differences for ONCE and fight together on something while there is still something to fight for???

Kyler

I'm so old that I still have some skills even without an internet connection or electricity.

Posts: 2507 | Location: Central Coast of CA | Registered: 10 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Burlington: Could you cite your source for this information? I'm not doubting you, but sometimes stories circulate that are inaccurate, and a story like this, if inaccurate, can damage both hunters and charities.

Posts: 13243 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Outdoor Writer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Stonecreek:
Burlington: Could you cite your source for this information? I'm not doubting you, but sometimes stories circulate that are inaccurate, and a story like this, if inaccurate, can damage both hunters and charities.

Here ya go -- a thread about five down from this one.

Lead Fragments Found In MN Venison

And Minnesota isn't the first state to recently do it. -TONY

Iowa deer meat

Tony Mandile - Author "How To Hunt Coues Deer"

Posts: 3269 | Location: Glendale, AZ | Registered: 28 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Kyler,
The answer is no. There have been quite a few topics on this site over the years that were just self centered and all about me me me. I tried to intervene with commenting that we are divided when we are selfish and fighting, but I never got one hunter to agree with me. This is why we lose battles and may eventually lose the war.

Posts: 663 | Location: On a hunt somewhere | Registered: 22 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Below is my letter to the Editor of the Pioneer Press relating to the disposal of processed venison that had been donated to the food shelves. It will never get published.

http://www.twincities.com//ci_8885211?IADID=Search-www....m-www.twincities.com

Brooks
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are risks in daily living but illness from lead tainted venison is so damn far down the list that it is not worth mentioning! Mr. Symonik and the others mentioned and responsible for disposing of edible meat intended for the poor should be disciplined for poor judgment.

Wild game has been shot with lead for centuries. Who hasn't bit down and spit out lead shot when eating wild fowl? Where is the medical evidence of lead toxicity from eating lead shot wild game?

We need protection all right; protection from fools on the government payroll.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Iowa to it's credit said there was no danger and Wisconsin's decision is pending.

The MN Health Department's "lead man" tested the processed meat and raised a flag and MN states'
agricultures dept. managing the food shelves ordered the disposal. This was thousands of pounds of donated
and processed meat.

Limbaugh is right! This is another example of the liberal attack through the back door. They will seek control
using weather, environment and toxicity.