THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Re: What's In YOUR Wallet ( I mean Rifle)

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: What's In YOUR Wallet ( I mean Rifle)
 Login/Join

one of us
posted

Posts: 135 | Location: Southern Oregon | Registered: 16 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Headed home to So. Oregon a week from tomorrow for the Cascade bull elk season. Will be shooting 180 gr. Barnes-X's. outta my custom 300WM. Elk really hate that rifle!
Once back in Georgia it will be my 25-06,
Ruger M77 .35 Whelen (my Ga. foul weather gun) or the SSK .375 JDJ for hogs and deer in Screven county.
All topped by Leupolds and stoked with handloads.
C ya up 'round Union Creek in a couple of weeks.
Sako

Posts: 81 | Location: Savannah, Georgia | Registered: 03 October 2004Reply With Quote
<9.3x62>
posted
250-3000 (with a long throat) on a 1949 722 action. Matte SS pac-nor barrel, 1-10", in a 700 "mountain rifle" contour at 22.5". 2-7x Nikon. Glass bedded to a nice trim walnut stock I did myself. Weighs just a tad over 7lbs all told. WW brass, CCI200, 43.5 gr H4831sc, and a 115 Nosler BT. Heaven...

BTW, DO NOT try this load in a lever gun, weaker bolt gun, or a standard throated gun!