New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hunting near fox lake Alberta
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
my cousin somehow ended up living and working in Fox Lake, Alberta. It is a 150 km East of High Level Alberta.

Is there any hunting out there ? Any outfitters?

Thanks,

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I haven't personally been to the area, but it is on the Canadian Shield and part of the expansive Boreal Forest area of Canada. You should find everything from deer to elk to moose to black bear, and probably caribou, I would think. The Fox River area itself is on an Indian Reservation and I have no idea what the hunting regulations or availability might be in the immediate area.

By the way, it might get a little colder there than in Cocoa Beach.

Posts: 13243 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good Canada Goose hunting in early Sept. It is not on the Canadian Shield.

IHMSA BC Provincial Champion and Perfect 40 Score, Unlimited Category, AAA Class.

Posts: 3369 | Location: Kamloops, BC | Registered: 09 November 2015Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
It is not on the Canadian Shield.

That's probably correct. Although very close, the pre-Cambrian Shield covers just the NE corner of Alberta, a few miles further east from Fox Lake. Wood Buffalo National Park isn't far, and it would be a great place to visit.

Posts: 13243 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I did some serious goose hunting around Ft. Vermillion and La Crete in the nineties. Worked on the rigs in Wood Buffalo park in the winters of the sixties. Tough bush country. Bugs and muskeg in the summer, freeze the nuts off of a jeep in the winter. Brian

IHMSA BC Provincial Champion and Perfect 40 Score, Unlimited Category, AAA Class.

Posts: 3369 | Location: Kamloops, BC | Registered: 09 November 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Map of Canadian shield.
https://missnissengrade5.weebl...ian-shild_1_orig.jpg