Find
Notify
Tools

suburban deer hunting
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of jb
posted
I went out driving today to see if I could spot any deer out and about at sundown.Saw about 10 does and fawns,no buck.Only got one pic that turned out at all,too far,too dark for my little digital.also found a state owned wildlife management area,open to public hunting.Ill have to look it up on the dnr website and get the particulars.note the house in background.

SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM

Posts: 2937 | Location: minnesota | Registered: 26 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've been seeing a fair amount of deer in town here where I live. saw a very big buck tonight before coming to work - a mainframe 10 that was pushing 160" with a split brow tine and a kicker. It is amazing to see how big they get when they can't be hunted... Roll Eyes Big Grin

gd

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I took these at the end of September. Right at the top of my driveway. Notice my neighbor's house amd asphalt road.

The five point won, and I didn't get a good pic of the loser as he left with afterburners on. The reason it is a little blurry.

I don't bother with does anymore as I usually see 10-20 driving home every night. I had a doe and fawn bedded in my backyard under the apples trees this afternoon.

Posts: 2034 | Location: Black Mining Hills of Dakota | Registered: 22 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of seafire2
posted Hide Post
There are tons of them in my neighborhood.. most people live on 1 to 10 acres in this neighborhood...

however, most are California retirees, and would FREAK out if anyone even took a shot at a deer....

deer add to their vision that they left California to come to Oregon and live in the middle of a wildlife sanctuary......

Close by is about 2000 acres that is owned by the county, and then there is access to BLM and Forest Service land... but the problem is that most deer that are around, stay in around suburbia.. I have seen huge bucks out once it gets dark...

In suburbia, they are safe, and don't have to endure short life spans, courtesy of all the cougars that their more rural cousins in the mountains have to try and survive around...that our state Fish & Wildlife Deny is a problem... yet everyone one but them seems to know otherwise....

went out last weekend locally ( since gas is $3.25 a gallon)... just two miles from the house... however 1/4 mile down the road, here are 4 bucks, one a 4 point ( each side) grazing in people's yards... can't touch them....

Gets pretty discouraging...

Life Member: The American Vast Right Wing Conspiracy

Jan 20, 2009.. Prisoner in Dumocrat 'Occupied America', Partisan in the 'Save America' Underground

Beavis..... James Beavis..... Of Her Majesty's Secret Service..... Spell Check Division

"Posterity — you will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make good use of it."
John Quincy Adams

A reporter did a human-interest piece on the Texas Rangers. The reporter recognized the Colt Model 1911 the Ranger was carrying and asked him "Why do you carry a 45?" The Ranger responded, "Because they don't make a 46."

Duhboy....Nuttier than Squirrel Poop...

Posts: 9316 | Location: Between Confusion and Lunacy ( Portland OR & San Francisco CA) | Registered: 12 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of seafire2
posted Hide Post
Update on Suburban Deer....

9 am this morning... 100 yds...
260 Rem, 100 grain Hornady SP, 22 Grains of Blue Dot...

100 yds, 260 Rem, 100 grain Hornady SP, 22 Grains of Blue Dot...Ruger 77 Mk 2... 3 x 9 Leupold...

150 lb blacktail

Life Member: The American Vast Right Wing Conspiracy

Jan 20, 2009.. Prisoner in Dumocrat 'Occupied America', Partisan in the 'Save America' Underground

Beavis..... James Beavis..... Of Her Majesty's Secret Service..... Spell Check Division

"Posterity — you will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make good use of it."
John Quincy Adams

A reporter did a human-interest piece on the Texas Rangers. The reporter recognized the Colt Model 1911 the Ranger was carrying and asked him "Why do you carry a 45?" The Ranger responded, "Because they don't make a 46."

Duhboy....Nuttier than Squirrel Poop...

Posts: 9316 | Location: Between Confusion and Lunacy ( Portland OR & San Francisco CA) | Registered: 12 September 2007Reply With Quote