Find
Notify
Tools

.375 remington Ultra Mag.
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Tanoose
posted
Whats the scoop on this new caliber hows it shoot and wouldn't this be an excellent brown bear cartridge?

Posts: 869 | Location: Bellerose,NY USA | Registered: 27 July 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Tanoose,

I purchase a Rem M700 LSS in the 375 Ultra this past winter but did not have a chance to do much loda developement before big game season was over so I have just recently started loading for it.

So far it seems no trick to drive a 270gr Hornady SP to a bit over 3000 fps and the 300 gr to about 2850 fps, clipping right at the heals of the mighty 378 Wby.

My rifles recoil, while heavy, does not hurt in the least and the accuracy of the loads tested so far show that a 1" three shot group at 100 yards is about the average unless the thin barrel gets to hot, which happens quickly burning 105 grains of powder.

Hope fully this fall I will get to use her on a hunt. Also I have some of the 260 gr Nosler Ballistic Tips on order, should be able to get a full 3100 fps or a bit more with this bullet, should be a hell of an elk and moose load.

Good Hunting!!!

Posts: 701 | Location: Fort Shaw, MT | Registered: 09 April 2002Reply With Quote