Find
Notify
Tools

Re: It's a bad sign when....
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Reloader
posted
I guess I got a pretty good woman too, her father and Brother hunted alot so, I think she was pretty used to it when I came along.

I told her before we got married that she would be a widow from Oct 1 to the end of January every year. Oh, and 3 weeks of March (Turkey season). The only time I get any lip is around the holidays when it's supposed to be "Family Time," I tell her that most of my family stays at the deer camp anyway, that usually doesn't smooth things over but, she gets over it. Oh, her birtday is Dec 28 Right in the middle of the Rut .

Reloader

Posts: 4146 | Location: North Louisiana | Registered: 18 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I married the daughter of a man who lives to hunt and has spent many weeks on end in a pup tent. She hates it when I go, but she seems to understand. She says its her fault for marrying somebody "just like my dad".
The good news I am often gone with her dad so she can spend time with her mom talking about hating hunting...

My brother is dating a girl and it is getting serious. I told him he has to go through two years of hunting seasons before he can think about marriage. Then he and she will have an idea of what to expect.

Posts: 165 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 14 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Stevey:
Well, I'm not married but might as well be. My "significant other's" birthday is in mid Sep't. Yup! Right in the middle of moose season. I'm very lucky in that she fully understands and there's never a problem except that we miss each other. I always do something for her before leaving for camp such as a short, 3-4 day trip somewhere.
She isn't an outdoor girl & thinks "roughing it" is a 35' motor home. Nope! Don't have one & never plan to. She does like wild game & fish and has no problem fixing it. When we started going together, she knew of my "fixes" - my guns/hunting & my dog. I told her when we started out "love me,love my dog". She's gotten so she loves my dog. Guess she loves me, she's put up with me for 4 years now. Oh, yeah, she knows how to fix the best prime rib you ever tasted. Better than any local eatery. Bear in Fairbanks

Posts: 1544 | Location: Fairbanks, Ak., USA | Registered: 16 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Some guys have all the luck.

Posts: 87 | Location: eastern Nebraska | Registered: 16 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Quote:

For the right woman, I'd remarry. Loved married life, except for the control part during hunting seasons.

Max

I agree completely.

Posts: 725 | Location: Upstate Rural NY | Registered: 16 July 2004Reply With Quote