THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Rode up on the Mountain and built a fire

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rode up on the Mountain and built a fire
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Had good reason thou

Merry Christmas to All
and safe travels

Posts: 2141 | Location: enjoying my freedom in wyoming | Registered: 13 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Buglemintoday
posted Hide Post
I'm jealous! We need more info!

Distance/Rifle/etc!!

"Let me start off with two words: Made in America"

Posts: 3326 | Location: Permian Basin | Registered: 16 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JBrown
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Buglemintoday:
I'm jealous! We need more info!

Distance/Rifle/etc!!

+ 1

Jason

"You're not hard-core, unless you live hard-core."

Hunting in Africa is an adventure. The number of variables involved preclude the possibility of a perfect hunt. Some problems will arise. How you decide to handle them will determine how much you enjoy your hunt.

Just tell yourself, "it's all part of the adventure." Remember, if Robert Ruark had gotten upset every time problems with Harry
Selby's flat bed truck delayed the safari, Horn of the Hunter would have read like an indictment of Selby. But Ruark rolled with the punches, poured some gin, and enjoyed the adventure.

-Jason Brown

Posts: 6838 | Location: Nome, Alaska(formerly SW Wyoming) | Registered: 22 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
not alot to tell really.
partner and I had late season cow tags.
Season closes a day later.
Rode out at daylight and spotted 90 head.
Made a run on them and got to 317yds.
7STW and a 338, I believe we fired 3 shots
and had WAY more horseflesh than needed.
Good day on the Mt.
Home by 3:30pm

Posts: 2141 | Location: enjoying my freedom in wyoming | Registered: 13 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
Congratulations on the cow and Thanks for sharing the pictures.

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Joe,

Nice looking string you and your friend have there. Did you shot a wolf yet, you still have a few days left?

Merry Christmas

Steve

Posts: 847 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 13 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of drummondlindsey
posted Hide Post
tu2

Posts: 2093 | Location: Windsor, CO | Registered: 06 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Where is the fire? False advertising! Nice pictures though.

Posts: 344 | Location: Pocatello, Idaho | Registered: 26 August 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
Unless it is a hunter in blaze orange, look straight behind the elk in the first picture, looking back uphill into the timber.

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
CHC is right
dropped a couple cans of chili
in the flames and had a hot lunch when all
the work was done.

Can't figure out the picture size
2nd one is the same PB posting.
Cell phone pic

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I see it now, last night was looking on my tablet and it was too small to see! Chili and snow go so well together!

Posts: 344 | Location: Pocatello, Idaho | Registered: 26 August 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
Joe,

I always enjoy your pictures and keeping us in your circle of friends...I hope you continue to share for many years to come

Ted

Posts: 7361 | Location: South East Missouri | Registered: 23 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of graybird
posted Hide Post
Can't think of a better reason for building a fire! Congrats!!!

Graybird

"Make no mistake, it's not revenge he's after ... it's the reckoning."

Posts: 3722 | Location: Okie in Falcon, CO | Registered: 01 July 2004Reply With Quote