Find
Notify
Tools

Either sex elk tag in MT!!
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Ol Bull
posted
Hey just had to share. I drew an either sex elk tag for the Highwoods here in Montana [Big Grin] With a little skill and a lotta luck i should get a Great Bull!!! [Big Grin]

Posts: 1117 | Location: Helena, MT, USA | Registered: 01 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of dempsey
posted Hide Post
Congrats, was that your first choice over the elkhorns or did you draw your 2nd choice? I've never hunted the Highwoods or even spent much time there. Good luck. [Smile] I still drool for such a tag.

Posts: 6205 | Location: Cascade, MT | Registered: 12 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Ol Bull
posted Hide Post
Thanks dempsey. It was my first choice. [Big Grin] I've never hunted there either but a good friend of mine has an uncle that has 3000 acres there and took a nice 7x7 that went 360B&C 3 years ago on the ranch. So we'll see how it goes. I'm going to hold out for a 380+ bull but i did that in 96 in the Elkhorns and it didn't work. I'll have a LOT less hunters to deal with so we'll see how it goes [Wink]

Posts: 1117 | Location: Helena, MT, USA | Registered: 01 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
That is a good tag-I lived over there for 15 years-some nice bulls in 447 if you can get the access.

A friend of mine drew the Square butte goat tag so I'll be spending some time over there also.

It's nice country-windy though-of course.

"GET TO THE HILL"

Dog

Posts: 879 | Location: Bozeman,Montana USA | Registered: 31 October 2001Reply With Quote