New
Find
Notify
Tools

Darned SCI at it again...
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Another deal, just to confound those here in the know.

SCIF has been spending members money in Alaska to reintroduce Woods Bison. The first calves born there in over 100 years have been spotted during an aerial survey last week.

Imagine that!

Rich

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Not sure why they have all the heat they get. I don't know any organization that puts so much effort into saving wildlife through conservation. Emails I get every week about what thier doing. I see no other organization putting in the effort that they do.
Hate all you want, but I am proud to be a member. You guys have at it , I gotta go dust the trophy room. SmilerSmiler
WSmiler

Posts: 782 | Location: Maryland | Registered: 03 April 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of SBT
posted Hide Post
I think that is great! Go SCI.

"There are worse memorials to a life well-lived than a pair of elephant tusks." Robert Ruark

Posts: 4780 | Location: Story, WY / San Carlos, Sonora, MX | Registered: 29 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
one only need look at who the detractors here are to know what the real issue is...

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Skyline
posted Hide Post
I am glad to see that there are some new calves on the ground. It was a long time coming and no thanks to the USFWS.

Big thumbs up on this.

The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who are bereft of that gift.

Posts: 1824 | Location: Northern Rockies, BC | Registered: 21 July 2006Reply With Quote