THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    PRESS RELEASE: Barnes Introduces New Maximum-Range X-Bullet

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

PRESS RELEASE: Barnes Introduces New Maximum-Range X-Bullet
 Login/Join

One Of Us
posted
Thought that I should share this latest info with you. FYI-

quote:
Barnes Introduces New Maximum-Range X-Bullet

Barnes Bullets, Inc. has developed a new Maximum-Range X-Bullet for hunters who demand premium, 100-percent reliable performance at extended distances. The boattail MRX bullet combines the best features and deadly killing power of Barnes’ copper Triple-Shock X-Bullet with a new Delrin tip and a tungsten core.

The denser-than-lead tungsten core moves the MRX bullet’s center of gravity rearward, producing optimum ballistic performance, maximum penetration and the same exceptional accuracy Triple-Shock Bullets are famous for.

Adding a streamlined Delrin tip gives this premium bullet a higher ballistic coefficient, allowing the MRX bullet to deliver flatter trajectory and greater retained energy at long range. Unlike some plastic-tipped bullets, the Delrin-tipped MRX won’t fragment on impact or blow up on game. The MRX provides controlled expansion at both short and long range. The nose of the bullet peels back into four razor-sharp copper petals that slice through the toughest hide and flesh. The new bullet typically retains 100 percent of its original weight and delivers the deep-penetrating power needed for raking shots at large game.

Like the all-copper Barnes-X and Triple-Shock X-Bullets, the new Maximum-Range X-Bullet contains no lead to contaminate venison. It’s a premium bullet that delivers premium results with every shot.

Available in 20-bullet packs.

Barnes
Unleaded. Unfailing. Unbeatable.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CanadianLefty:

quote:

Like the all-copper Barnes-X and Triple-Shock X-Bullets, the new Maximum-Range X-Bullet contains no lead to contaminate venison.
Barnes

Little bit of scare tactics in their marketing? Has anyone ever had a problem with "lead contamination" when using a conventional type bullet?

Posts: 1508 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 09 August 2002Reply With Quote
One Of Us
posted Hide Post
I never had a problem with lead contamination (hard to determine unless you go for a blood test?, I guess.). It is one thing less to think about when cutting away the bloodshot meat.

BTW, they will be offered in .277 cal 130gr and 150gr, .284 cal 140gr and 160gr, .308 cal 150gr 165gr 180gr, and .338 cal 225gr for March 2006.

For the record, I am currently not even a Barnes customer. My bullet of choice is still the 2003-2005 production TBBCs. Love em.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I use Barnes bullets in some of my rifles, but believe that one statement is out of line. They make great bullets and have a lot of reasons to market postively, no need to try to scare everyone off from other bullets.

Posts: 1508 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 09 August 2002Reply With Quote
One Of Us
posted Hide Post
Personally, I woulds have positioned the benefits of using Copper and Tungsten differently. I agree that the wording on their comment needs to be changed.

Fact remains, it does eliminate any 'possible' lead contamination however insignificant to reality- but that seems to be the way many marketers view the world. Big Grin

one of us
Picture of ROSCOE
posted Hide Post
Barnes makes a great bullet, I have used them with great results in the past. I just wish they would quit changing their line every year. Seems like they can never decide on how to make a bullet. Between changes in copper, coatings, shapes, weight....you can never count on the same bullet being there next year. This keeps me going back to the Partition.

R. Lee Ermey: "The deadliest weapon in the world is a Marine and his rifle."
We're going to be "gifted" with a health care plan we are forced to purchase and fined if we don't, Which purportedly covers at least ten million more people, without adding a single new doctor, but provides for 16,000 new IRS agents, written by a committee whose chairman says he doesn't understand it, passed by a Congress that didn't read it but exempted themselves from it, and signed by a President, with funding administered by a treasury chief who didn't pay his taxes, for which we'll be taxed for four years before any benefits take effect, by a government which has already bankrupted Social Security and Medicare, all to be overseen by a surgeon general who is obese, and financed by a country that's broke!!!!! 'What the hell could possibly go wrong?'

Posts: 2122 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DPhillips:
quote:
Originally posted by CanadianLefty:

quote:

Like the all-copper Barnes-X and Triple-Shock X-Bullets, the new Maximum-Range X-Bullet contains no lead to contaminate venison.
Barnes

Little bit of scare tactics in their marketing? Has anyone ever had a problem with "lead contamination" when using a conventional type bullet?

I never worry about lead contamination but dislike lead core bullets separating which causes a weight loss and energy loss. Technically speaking I like the Barnes TSX. That new one has the sound of expensive all over it so I will stick with the TSX for hunitn. One of these days you may see some asshole politician introduce a bill outlawing lead bullets.

Posts: 1159 | Location: Florida | Registered: 16 December 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Dwight, you may be right--when I read 'available in 20 bullet packs' sounds like they might be a little high $. I don't recall ever having bought bullets for reloading in a package smaller than 50, Twenty is a number for purchasing ammo, not bullets as components.

Regards--Don

Posts: 3563 | Location: GA, USA | Registered: 02 August 2004Reply With Quote