Find
Notify
Tools

Polar Bear Trophy Fee
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of white north
posted
How much do you think A Polar Bear Trophy fee is in Canada? I live where they are hunted,and when I found out how much it was I was shocked.
750 canadian dollars

White North

Posts: 126 | Location: Arviat, Nunavut, CANADA | Registered: 02 March 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That isn't very much when you consider that the cheapest Moose auction tag in 2009 in Vermont was more than $3000!

Who gets the trophy fee?

Oxon

One of Us
Picture of white north
posted Hide Post
The government gets the tf

Posts: 126 | Location: Arviat, Nunavut, CANADA | Registered: 02 March 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am shocked its that low. When hunters from the US were able to bring back the trophy, the prices I saw were in the $30,000 plus range for the hunt. I don't specifically recalling a trophy fee, but usually there was some weasel wording about all all taxes, fees, permits not included.

Posts: 10802 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of white north
posted Hide Post
crbutler
Hunts are 30000 plus, and a trophy fee of 750 above the 30,000.

one of us
posted Hide Post
so what is the 30k going towards?

Interesting, I've always thought polar bear hunting must be real premier stuff, considering you almost never see them in collections. I did meet a guy once that had a polar bear rug in his office, I don't know if he took it or got it somewhere though.

Red

Posts: 4740 | Location: Fresno, CA | Registered: 21 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Duckear
posted Hide Post
I had a friend finally collect a polar bear.

On his THIRD try!

Eeker

Hunting: Exercising dominion over creation at 2800 fps.

Posts: 3103 | Location: Southern US | Registered: 21 July 2002Reply With Quote