Notify
Tools

More good wolf news
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Deal reached to lift wolf protections in 2 states
Seattle PI ^ | March 18, 2011 | AP

BILLINGS, Mont. -- Facing mounting pressure from Congress, wildlife advocates and the U.S. Department of Interior on Friday reached an agreement to lift gray wolf protections in Montana and Idaho and allow hunting of the predators to resume.

The settlement agreement - opposed by some environmentalists - is intended to resolve years of litigation that have shielded wolves in the Northern Rockies from hunting, even as the predator's population has sharply expanded.

Posts: 19443 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
BULLSHIT!!!
them eco terrorist sons a bitches got them relisted last fall because they claimed it was againest the esa to delist by geographical borders.
now that it suits them its OK?
wyoming should sue the shit out of the USFW
if that is allowed to happen,and stick by its guns concerning the dual management plan.

Posts: 2141 | Location: enjoying my freedom in wyoming | Registered: 13 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Once again Wyoming gets pig F&%KED again. Mange is wiping out the wolf population at an alarming rate anyway.

Posts: 847 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 13 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of drummondlindsey
posted Hide Post
Is there an "anti wolf" foundation out there that specifically lobby's for things like this? If there isn't there should be

Posts: 2092 | Location: Windsor, CO | Registered: 06 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
drum
its all gonna depend on judge molloy
to see if he sticks to his guns.
he's the one that relisted them last fall saying geographical boundrys couldn't seperate the wolf pops for delisting.
if he allows this to go thru, his integrety is shit.
and he proves himself to be no more the a puppet judge for the eco terrorists

Posts: 2141 | Location: enjoying my freedom in wyoming | Registered: 13 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
When the wife and I were in Idaho this past September on a black bear hunt, the outfitter and his wife told us a lot about the situation up there.

we were hunting out of Elk City with an outfitter recommended by a fellow AR member.

From their information, the original deal, with a slight change, there was supposed to be 10 to 15 packs with 10 wolves in each pack, for a total of 100 to 150 wolves.

When we were there, the biologists with Idaho Fish and game estimated that theer was over 1000 wolves in eastern Idaho.

The elk and moose populations have been decimated.

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
"judge" Molloy is a jackass. I know from personal experience, he was little more than an ambulance chaser, but he had some good buddys in the Democrap party and got an appointment to the bench, lucky us in Montana. A puppet judge for the eco-Nazis? You are insulting puppets, Howdy Doodie HAD integrety. Molloy does whatever is necessary to maintain his social standing and not endanger any invites to summer BBQ's or spring social events with the rest of the Marxists in Missoula.

Posts: 763 | Location: Montana | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Is there an "anti wolf" foundation out there that specifically lobby's for things like this? If there isn't there should be

drum

Big game forever and Wyoming SFW are doing a outstanding job. However, the dumb asses in Washington would rather listen to the bleeding hearts, instead of science and sportsman and women. Ed Bangs even admitted to the USFWS that the wolves had made a full recovery.

Steve

One of Us
posted Hide Post
steve
whats the skinney on big game forever and sfw
pissin off nra,sci and congress sportsmen group?
something about a press release that was inaccurate.
these are powerful allies in the wolf war.

One of Us
Picture of drummondlindsey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ravenr:
steve
whats the skinney on big game forever and sfw
pissin off nra,sci and congress sportsmen group?
something about a press release that was inaccurate.
these are powerful allies in the wolf war.

I've never been a fan of SFW

Posts: 2092 | Location: Windsor, CO | Registered: 06 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Here's the press release:

NRA, SCI, and CSF Disavow Misleading Press Release

Today the National Rifle Association, Safari Club International and the Congressional Sportsmen’s Foundation publicly disavowed a misleading press release distributed on Friday, March 11th to congressional offices and other outlets. The press release blatantly misrepresents the position of these organizations regarding legislation to delist gray wolves under the Endangered Species Act.

The draft release was circulated by an individual representing Sportsmen for Fish and Wildlife and Big Game Forever. The individual representing these two groups was immediately advised to remove the aforementioned organizations named in the release. Unfortunately, he did not, and the release was transmitted without correcting the inaccurate information.

The release in question claimed that the NRA, SCI and CSF along with the other organizations listed below are opposed to language relating to the delisting of gray wolves in spending legislation currently pending before the U.S. Congress. In fact, these organizations support that language, as well as every other measure that has been introduced in the U.S. House and Senate to date addressing this important issue.

Congressional offices and members of the media should exercise caution in accepting as fact, or repeating, any claims made by Sportsmen for Fish and Wildlife, Big Game Forever or any person claiming to represent them. Due to the blatant misrepresentation contained in the press release circulated by these two groups, any claims they make in the future should be thoroughly investigated and independently confirmed.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
thats the same release i've read
but i'm sure theres more to the story.
hence my question.
my feeling are that it was really stupid timing to step on ones d$ck (bgf and sfw)
at the moment the tree huggers are suffering
in-fighting and desention.
and nra,sci and csa are good people to have in our/your corner.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Topgun 30-06

Thanks for posting that release I had not read that yet
Thank You

One of Us
posted Hide Post
ravenr

I agree with you about the SCI,NRA etc. I thought that the biggame forever and SFW were in our corner from all the update that I receive from them on the fight in Washington about our wolves???

Thanks

Steve

One of Us
posted Hide Post
yes,
from the update it sounds like they are.
but i'd like to have NRA,SCI and crew also.
the threat sounds like a classic end run
around wyoming.
Why? cuz they can't "manage" Wyoming!!
helluva victory, that johnston ruling.
common sense stuff full of states rights.

one of us
Picture of Outdoor Writer
posted Hide Post
Press release from BGF:

Big Game Forever Responds to NRA, SCI, CSF Release

Big Game Forever is grateful for the generous support received from sportsmen across the country advocating Congressional action to delist America's wolf populations. We understand that lack of wolf management in Montana, Idaho, Wyoming, Minnesota, Wisconsin and Michigan are a major concern not only for the people of these states but for all Americans. Big Game Forever has worked tirelessly to allow the return of America's wolf populations to state wildlife managers and restore balance within the ecosystem. We strongly feel that these goals are consistent with providing ongoing state wildlife protections for wolf populations.

Big Game Forever has made every attempt to be inclusive by working with other organizations in this effort. We are grateful for the immense support by the public, members of Congress and sportsmen conservation groups in support of wolf delisting legislation. This support has been important to the progress in Congressional legislative efforts.

Big Game Forever was disappointed by the inaccurate press release issued by National Rifle Association, Safari Club International and The Congressional Sportsmen's Foundation (the "Joint Press Release") regarding Big Game Forever and Sportsmen for Fish and Wildlife. The Joint Press Release focused on private communications that were purportedly leaked to the public. We welcome the opportunity to set the record straight. The draft communications from Big Game Forever were sent to a very limited group of trusted individuals. Any dissemination was without the permission or knowledge of Big Game Forever. Additionally, such draft communications were not only preliminary and non-final in nature, but were prepared in an effort to increase collaboration based on conversations with third parties. At no point was Sportsmen for Fish and Wildlife involved with the preparation or distribution of any of these communications. To the best of our knowledge these communications have not been distributed to the public. While we cannot control the actions of third parties, Big Game Forever has acted in good faith and has attempted to address concerns as they were expressed. Big Game Forever was surprised by the tone and content of this very public press release as we had no indication that this matter had not been resolved privately.

Big Game Forever takes its role very seriously in educating the public and elected officials of the science and common sense policies of proper wildlife management. We welcome the opportunity to once again look past divisiveness and refocus our energies on the needs of sportsmen, livestock producers, wildlife and the citizens of America. We welcome the collaboration of any and all groups who are willing to work together to address the challenges presented by unmanaged and no longer endangered wolf populations.

Tony Mandile - Author "How To Hunt Coues Deer"

Posts: 3269 | Location: Glendale, AZ | Registered: 28 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of don444
posted Hide Post
These damn wolf lovers are always moving the goal line. Never ever gonna be enough of 'em for them.

Posts: 551 | Location: Idaho | Registered: 27 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
"When we were there, the biologists with Idaho Fish and game estimated that theer was over 1000 wolves in eastern Idaho."

Eastern Idaho as in IF area???
Which f and g bioligist told you that?

Posts: 193 | Location: Idaho | Registered: 11 November 2006Reply With Quote