Find
Notify
Tools

Daughter's First Bear
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Steven30127
posted
Well, Carolyn and I got back from our bear hunt in Northern Cal....we both connected. She got her's first, a nice 200lb boar...one shot, in the head with a .270 from about 75feet..(she was in the seated position)....after about a five mile hike out with the damn thing I ended up getting mine (not pictured) about 20 feet from the logging road. I can't wait until she's old enough not to want to try and kill ME with these hikes!!!

Posts: 257 | Location: Aliso Viejo, California | Registered: 09 June 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hey Steven, Congratulations to your daughter and you too.

Making those great memories with her is what it is all about.

Posts: 9920 | Location: Carolinas, USA | Registered: 22 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Congratulations on a great hunt and great memories. Sounds like you need a treadmill and running shoes before the next season.

Posts: 1159 | Location: Florida | Registered: 16 December 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That is awesome another young hunter locked in congrats (nice bear too)

Gordy
FBM:Hunters Helping Hunters
www.hhh-usa.org
LM:NAHC
Mbr:TRCP

one of us
posted Hide Post
Congratulations to the both of you Bear hunters!How ofton does that happen that you both score on a big blackie!You go girl!Awsome hunt and a awsome shot!Daughters first bear=Priceless! thumb wave

Posts: 3608 | Location: USA | Registered: 08 September 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
Now there is a memory a proud daddy can treasure forever. That's a real beautiful photo capturing the moment perfectly. Nice bear and congratulations to Miss Carolyn!

~Ann

Posts: 19560 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Steven,

thumb thumb thumb thumb

Congrats to her and you!! I know you're proud of her. Thanks for sharing the story and photo.

Sincerely,
-Bob F.

Posts: 3485 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 22 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Toomany Tools
posted Hide Post
What a memory--I'm truly envious. Congratulations!

John Farner

If you haven't, please join the NRA!

Posts: 2945 | Location: Corrales, NM, USA | Registered: 07 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TCLouis
posted Hide Post
Congrats to both hunters!

Don't limit your challenges . . .
Challenge your limits

Posts: 4261 | Location: TN USA | Registered: 17 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ForrestB
posted Hide Post
Way to go Daddy-O!!
Not too many schoolgirls out there with a trophy bear to call their own. Be sure to send her off to college with a bearskin rug for her dorm room. That'll keep the boys on their best behavior!

A hearty congratulations to both of you.

Posts: 5052 | Location: Muletown | Registered: 07 September 2001Reply With Quote