THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    DNR to hold auctions on confiscated hunting, fishing equipment

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

DNR to hold auctions on confiscated hunting, fishing equipment
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
https://kstp.com/minnesota-new...g-equipment/5838352/

DNR to hold auctions on confiscated hunting, fishing equipment

Tommy Wiita

Updated: August 24, 2020 01:28 PM
Created: August 24, 2020 12:54 PM

The Minnesota Department of Natural Resources will hold two scheduled public auctions of confiscated fishing, hunting and trapping equipment this fall.

The auctions will be held online due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. The equipment includes 501 firearms, 71 bows and a variety of other equipment. All the equipment was confiscated as a result of serious game and fish violations, according to the DNR.

The auctions are scheduled for Sept. 19 and Oct. 24. Bidding catalogs will be available online in advance of each auction, Sept. 15 and Oct. 20. Onsite inspection of the equipment will be available at the Hiller Auction Service in Zimmerman from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. on the Friday before each auction.

All equipment will be sold as is, including all defects or faults, known or unknown. Once purchased, items cannot be returned. Background checks will also be required for anyone who purchases a firearm.

For more information on the auctions, visit the DNR's website.

Kathi

kathi@wildtravel.net
708-425-3552

"The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Posts: 9501 | Location: Chicago | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have been to several DNR auctions the prices are normally very high.

Posts: 19615 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Funny things about auctions, bidding fever sometimes run the price higher than retail.

Dave

Posts: 2086 | Location: Seattle Washington, USA | Registered: 19 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I totally agree with the above statements!

I have witnessed a couple of those auctions and 97.3% (TIC estimate) of the stuff is pure junk and it sold for the price pf good stuff.

Zeke

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I also agree about the prices of confiscated items. It seems to me that a lot of the high bids come from those who lost the equipment to begin with.

Hang on TITE !!