THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    WHAT'S YOUR CHOICE OF RIFLE FOR DEER THIS YEAR
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

WHAT'S YOUR CHOICE OF RIFLE FOR DEER THIS YEAR
 Login/Join

one of us
posted Hide Post
I will be using a "98" Mauser carbine chambered in .308, the load I've worked up that shoots best is Lapua brass w/CCI lg. rifle primers, 46grs.BL-C2 w/Hornady 150gr. "SST".

one of us
posted Hide Post
I will be useing a Weatherby Synthetic 25/06 with 90 grain Barnes XBT over max chanrge IMR 4831. My brother will use 700 BDL 300 Win Mag with either 165 Barnes X or 180 Hornady Interlock.

Good Luck Everyone!!

Hcliff

Posts: 305 | Location: Green Bay, WI | Registered: 09 September 2002Reply With Quote
<pigman>
posted
Browning Highwall .45-70. It should drop Georgia deer in their tracks. I shooting a Hornady 350 grain round nose on top of 51 grains of reloader 7.

[ 11-14-2002, 04:46: Message edited by: pigman ]

one of us
posted Hide Post
my tikka 7mm rem. a bit of imr 4831 and a 140 nosler on top of it. shoot into a half inch.

Posts: 159 | Location: Saskatchewan  | Registered: 14 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of browningguy
posted Hide Post
I get to use two new rifles this year although I'll carry the BAR in 30'06 as a backup to the backup. I picked up a new BLR Lightning in 300 Win Mag at the show last weekend so I'll shoot that the next two weekends and then use it on a hunt in early Dec. Also have a new custom on a Mauser action with a Bell & Carlsen stock in .275 Rigby which my gunsmith said would be shipped next week so I'll hopefully get to use it on the same hunt.

Posts: 1242 | Location: Houston, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2002Reply With Quote
<Don Martin29>
posted
M70 Stainless Classic 7m WSM, 140 gr Sierra Pro Hunters, 3185 fps. Scope is 2X7 Leu. VX1 with a 4X12 for back up.

I will bring other rifles for backup and conversation to the camp. One will be a old 70' in 300 H&H and my 1969 Ruger #1A 30/06.

The 7mm and 300 H&H are new to me this year but I have shot them a lot. These two are capable of varmint rifle accuracy.

Later in the season I use a 99F in .358 Win. This is when I really need to get one.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Have been using a new M70 supergrade 264 Win Mag with 140 gr Sierra Game Kings. Shot one doe with it as well as 4 coyotes and it is an excellent open country rig. When the chips are down the last week I will head back to my 270 M70 Winlite that has done the job the last decade for me.

BR

Posts: 174 | Location: ,Alberta ,Canada | Registered: 12 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Pa.Frank
posted Hide Post
I already tagged out during archery season,(2 doe and a 7 pointer) but if I were going out for rifle season, I'd be using my Remington 700BDL in 30-06 topped off with a Nikon 3x9 scope.

Posts: 1974 | Location: The Three Lower Counties (Delaware USA) | Registered: 13 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Deer season, the fastest time of the year. Since I have harvested my two deer with the bow. A 4pt and a Doe.
I switched To my T/C Encore a .308 15" Pistol barrel,rem 150gr soft point. I was lucky enough to bag my first pistol deer 120lb field dressed spike hot on the tail of a Doe.

I Just purchased my NH license and will break in my 338-06 bbl 24" stainless 180gr NOSBT 57.5gr IMR4064.

Same Trigger, Same feel, Same Results

Posts: 46 | Location: Maine US | Registered: 10 March 2002Reply With Quote
<Mark Mcdeavitt>
posted
My prefference is a remington model 700 .300 win mag. 4.5 to 14 leupold scope. I shoot 165 grain nosler ballistic tips loaded with 76.2 grains of H-4831.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I'll probably tote a couple rifles as I really enjoy useing them. First morning will be a Win 70 Featherweight in 6.5X55 with a B&L 1.5-6. Loaded with 129 or 140gr Hornady's it really shoots well.

The other is an old favorite and I seem to kill deer with it every year. That is my Win mod 71 in 348 Winchester. Loaded with 200 Hornady's it does the job and fits quite well in the WI northwoods.

Should be all I need, but there will proably be a couple others that get used....hmm...always wanted to shoot a deer with that 44 Mag Super Blackhawk....and....and....and!

Posts: 1182 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: 19 July 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Palmer
posted Hide Post
I used a 270 with 130 gr. federal factory loads for a Mule deer in New Mexico because the country was open. I am hunting this week in Missouri where the shots are about 50 yards thru brush so I am carrying my dads old 870 with 2 3/4" slugs and iron sights on a slug barrel - not a rifle but it makes sense to me.

Posts: 2251 | Location: Mo, USA | Registered: 21 April 2002Reply With Quote