Notify
Tools

9 days till the Wyoming draws
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted
Anyone a bit nervous?

Posts: 7782 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Not nervous, but crossing my fingers! This has been the worst draw year for me...ever. Nothing anywhere so far.

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
303-619-2872: Cell
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

Posts: 4888 | Location: Boise, Idaho | Registered: 05 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I always hope for the best on my Antelope tags.

I have two friends who applied last year and did not draw for the same. They accompanied me on my hunts there last year to learn. Hopefully, they will draw tags this year.

Posts: 2628 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 26 May 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
any thoughts on this BS:

https://wgfd.wyo.gov/News/Game...till-open-for-huntin

"Nonresident elk draw – The proposed modify/withdraw date is May 8. The application period will remain the month of January. Tentatively, the draw results will be released prior to the close of the deer and antelope application deadline in May."

Posts: 756 | Location: California | Registered: 26 May 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Big Wonderful Wyoming:
Anyone a bit nervous?

We've been four years since our last antelope permits...

TomP

Our country, right or wrong. When right, to be kept right, when wrong to be put right.

Carl Schurz (1829 - 1906)

Posts: 14629 | Location: Moreno Valley CA USA | Registered: 20 November 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aaron Neilson:
Not nervous, but crossing my fingers! This has been the worst draw year for me...ever. Nothing anywhere so far.

Says the guy that pulled a MT Bearpaw elk tag and an Idaho Super Tag in the last couple years. You may have used up your magic for a while.

I came up empty so far as well. We'll see. Still a few draws left.

Jeremy

Posts: 1480 | Location: Indiana | Registered: 28 January 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm anxious with anticipation but not nervous.

The only constant is change and that's what they're doing to the elk apps for NR's. Of course I've heard some residents say "well, if you don't like it, don't apply".
Seems fair enough.

Zeke

One of Us
posted Hide Post
got lucky this year and drew an archery elk tag so don't have to worry about mule deer and antelope this year. Just points towards next year.

The danger of civilization, of course, is that you will piss away your life on nonsense

Posts: 782 | Location: Baltimore, MD | Registered: 22 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
I didn't put in for elk. I don't have enough points to do what I want.

I put in for antelope and deer. I probably don't have enough points for deer.

I have enough antelope points to draw a decent tag, but my father bullied me into applying in 48, and I am not sure if I will end up with enough points on that one or not.

My 2nd oldest daughter turns 8 a few days after the antelope starter of the 15th. So I am still not sure how it will all work out.

Old Man is on oxygen and I have no idea how we are going to do it, but we will give it hell.

Posts: 7782 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
We should draw our antelope tags but I won’t be to disappointed if we don’t. We drew a bull moose tag in Maine.

one of us
posted Hide Post
The results were just posted. First time I haven't drawn antelope, but was successful for deer! YIPPEE!!!

Regards, D. Nelson

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good news/bad news. My wife and I both scored on two doe Antelope each, but did not score on buck. Looking forward to the hunts.

Posts: 2628 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 26 May 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Busted again, no antelope tags. We'll go anyhow, fish, yakk with ranchers from other years, and drink red wine by a campfire. Life is good...

TomP

Our country, right or wrong. When right, to be kept right, when wrong to be put right.

Carl Schurz (1829 - 1906)

Posts: 14629 | Location: Moreno Valley CA USA | Registered: 20 November 2000Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
My first Antelope hunt with my young family three boys under age 5! After a few years, I drew 1 buck Antelope and one doe. I also drew a couple Whitetailed Deer doe tags. I just want boys and wife to have a good time. We will stay in Rawlins and drive east to the hunt areas in unit. I think that I need to apply to an HMA next.

Due to work, we will likely either need to hunt around Oct. 5 (near beginning of season) or late, after Oct. 15.

Any tips? Which Motel to stay in Rawlins? We were looking at the Best Western or Hampton Inn or Holiday inn Express?

Or places to visit between Rawlins and Laramie that are fun, family friendly?

Please PM me if you prefer. Thank you so much.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Goose eggs for me and the wife!

I guess even our doe antelope tags were for high demand units.

I hate it when I don't have a reason to hunt Wyoming.

Next year.... yes, next year!

Zeke