THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Anyone know of a "good" $600 bison harvest??

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone know of a "good" $600 bison harvest??
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of bowhuntrrl
posted
Somewhere(some forum, I don't remember where) in the past 3 days, I was reading about various $500-$600 buffalo hunts(harvests). I've been searching and can't find it. We're looking for the meat. What I was reading about was for either a cow or a 3 year old bull. I'd be interested in hearing from anyone who knows of or who has gone on such an arrangement. Thanks.

bowhuntr

[ 11-10-2003, 15:34: Message edited by: bowhuntrrl ]

Posts: 931 | Location: Somewhere....... | Registered: 07 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Cowboy Heaven Consulting has buffalo harvests in Montana for what you are looking for. Not a hunt mind you, but a harvest. I went 2 years ago and took a 1 1/2 year old bull for about $650. Not sure what the price is now, but use a search engine like google and check him out. The bull I took yielded a little over 400 lbs of eat and a really nice winter hide for the bed.

Mac

Posts: 1638 | Location: Colorado by birth, Navy by choice | Registered: 04 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
There are several places in Montana that offer $350 hunts for cow Buffalo. I live in Bozeman, and have seen advertisements for the hunts. I believe that Ted Turner's Flying D ranch offers one of them. I try an internet search for buffalo hunting in Montana.

I dont know what you mean by a "good hunt", most of the heards that I know of are not free-ranging herds. There is a state park in S. Dakota that offers trophy hunts for mature bulls. I'm not sure what else they offer.

Posts: 130 | Location: Montana | Registered: 08 October 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Snapper
posted Hide Post
Sagebrush Meats in Billings, MT has Buffalo Hunts.

$750 for 18 month bull (350-400 pds on the rail)you keep everything. Cow 6yr for $800.

They will gut, load the buff and process for additional $$.

406-245-4161

Hope that helps.

Snapper

Posts: 767 | Location: U.S.A. | Registered: 08 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Snapper
posted Hide Post
I saw another ad for Buffalo hunts in Forsyth, MT.

I will try to find that one for you, may take some time.

Posts: 767 | Location: U.S.A. | Registered: 08 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Sayersbrook Ranch is a couple hours SW of St. Louis, MO, and has Bison:
http://americangourmet.automated-shops.com/html/mark_twain_bison_hunt.html

Driven past/through it a few times, never stopped in, and not sure how much it costs.

Regards, Bill

Posts: 1169 | Location: USA | Registered: 23 January 2002Reply With Quote
<Rimrock>
posted
Thanks for the plug, MAC, and yes, we do have both models of buffalo you're looking for. Prices start at $550 for yearling heifers, but we're sold out of all sizes & varieties of yearlings. Have plenty of cows at $675, though, as well as mature bulls for $1500. Those bulls are loose in a pretty good-sized pasture that's fairly broken and scenic as all get out. And speaking of broken, they've already knocked the fence down, & as bison hunting goes; this will closely resemble a "hunt".
Further details here.
I'd also like to note that the bison blasting boondoggle described in another thread here by Jim the Plumber (as I recall) wasn't our operation. It seems everybody with a few buffalo out back are soliciting hunters, and we're hearing a significant number of reports from folks that have either had their arrangements fall through or are otherwise disenchanted with how it turned out.
We've booked a handful of bison harvests elsewhere, mainly on the Two Medicine Ranch up north. I've decided to just stick with the Flying D. It's run in a totally professional (but still kinda laid back) manner. Over a thousand folks have participated the last two years, & our surveys show they are overwhelmingly pleased with it. Gotta like that....
Incidentally, they're starting to offer these bison cow and mature bull harvests on a ranch in SD, too. Same price & arrangements, except for the more or less free-ranging bulls. Handier for folks in the midwest, for sure. I've got a little more about that on my website.