THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Re: one of my shortest hunts, here's a picture...

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: one of my shortest hunts, here's a picture...
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Damn nice deer, Doc! I'm never one to pass up an animal like that when there is the possibility of getting home before breakfast!

Best,

JohnTheGreek

Posts: 4697 | Location: North Africa and North America | Registered: 05 July 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hey Doc, Nice Deer indeed. Always nice to have a plan come together like that.

Doubt I would have had the Antler repaired. I'd probably have tied the piece to a string and hung it around the rest of that tine. Better conversation starter.

Had a buddy "offer" to carry a Deer out for me on his 4-wheeler one cold and frosty December. I shot a decent 8-pointer, but not a HUGE one. Came out looking for him and he was back at the house cooking breakfast. Got the stove shut down and off we go WIDE OPEN on his 4w. Nearly froze my hands in the short run, but going too fast to let go and put gloves on. On the way into the Woods, he rammed a tree. I got off and walked the remaining short distance. Should have learned from that, but after we got the Deer on his 4w, I told him to go ahead and I'd just walk out.

Well, on the way out he managed to smash one tine off on a tree. It didn't really bother me, but then it wasn't in the same Class size as yours. I'd hung the rack on the skinning shed and eventually cut it up to keep folks from giving him a hard time about it. They are now used for Rattling by all our buddies.

Posts: 9920 | Location: Carolinas, USA | Registered: 22 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Quote:

I would have considered your idea if my MOTHER IN LAW didn't throw it away to hide the evidence.

Hey Doc, Call an "Oldie" radio station and ask them to play the old Classic Ernie K. Doe(nice name) tune "MOTHER-IN LAW" in honor of her for me!

Posts: 9920 | Location: Carolinas, USA | Registered: 22 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Doc
posted Hide Post
I posted a bunch of my other kills in the trophy thread. You can go there and check them out. I have some kill pics and then the hanger pics.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Great buck Doc! Where are you going to school in Iowa?

DGK

Posts: 1317 | Location: eastern Iowa | Registered: 13 December 2000Reply With Quote
<allen day>
posted
A beautiful buck!

AD

posted Hide Post
Perfect!

Posts: 11017 | Registered: 14 December 2000Reply With Quote