THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    When will Wyoming finalize hunting seasons for antelope?

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When will Wyoming finalize hunting seasons for antelope?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
AR Colleagues,

Three of us have our applications in for Wyoming antelope for our first DIY hunt. My apologies if this is a dumb question, but I cannot seem to determine what the dates of the seasons are. The application form has a Opening day by unit…but no close day. Am I overlooking it someplace in the regulation or do they finalize the dates later in the year, after the draw? We just need to make some vacation and accommodation plans etc.

Thanks in advance for any guidance.
Paul

"Diligentia - Vis - Celeritas"
NRA Benefactor Member
Member DRSS

Posts: 1026 | Location: Southeastern PA, USA | Registered: 14 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
They are usually the same as previous years. All dates are tentative.I don't know of any place to find ending dates except last years orders if you can find some one that has a copy. When you apply, and draw or fail, you will get an area map, and a list of areas, types, and dates. I don't have a clue if they finalize it later or not. If I had last years orders I could tell you, but I don't.

Posts: 10478 | Location: N.W. Wyoming | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of GrayDuck
posted Hide Post
I had that same question last year and all they would tell me at the Cheyenne office is last year's date is your best guess but no way to know until the draw results are posted.

Not sure why but after a certain point in time they seem to remove all the previous years info from their website so it makes it hard to determine this and other similar info. I have a copy of last years regs. If you tell me what unit(s) you have applied for I can tell you what the season dates were last year.

"The best laid plans of mice and men often go awry" - Robert Burns

Posts: 226 | Location: Kansas | Registered: 30 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Last years regs are still in their site. Here is the link.

http://gf.state.wy.us/admin/Regs/index.asp

Wyoming waits to set their season dates and permit numbers for deer and antelope until after they have winter data. Responsible management.

Posts: 788 | Location: Utah, USA | Registered: 14 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of GrayDuck
posted Hide Post
Oops, I stand corrected. MC is right they're still out there.

"The best laid plans of mice and men often go awry" - Robert Burns

Posts: 226 | Location: Kansas | Registered: 30 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Outdoor Writer
posted Hide Post
See page 24.

http://gf.state.wy.us/download...pBooklet/10NRALL.pdf

Tony Mandile - Author "How To Hunt Coues Deer"

Posts: 3269 | Location: Glendale, AZ | Registered: 28 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JBoutfishn
posted Hide Post
I spoke with the Wyoming Fish and Game folks at the RMEF Elk Camp yesterday. The dates and numbers will be posted after they complete their game surveys this month.

Jim "Bwana Umfundi"
NRA

Posts: 3014 | Location: State Of Jefferson | Registered: 27 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The Wyoming Game and Fish Survey's will read Elk and Moose population are down. Wolf populations way up!! Mad

Steve

Posts: 847 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 13 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Paul Reed:
AR Colleagues,

Three of us have our applications in for Wyoming antelope for our first DIY hunt. My apologies if this is a dumb question, but I cannot seem to determine what the dates of the seasons are. The application form has a Opening day by unit…but no close day. Am I overlooking it someplace in the regulation or do they finalize the dates later in the year, after the draw? We just need to make some vacation and accommodation plans etc.

Thanks in advance for any guidance.
Paul

September 10 sticks in my mind, for antelope, but there's no hurry. Sometimes we get there early, sometimes later, somtimes end-of-season to segue into elk.

TomP

Our country, right or wrong. When right, to be kept right, when wrong to be put right.

Carl Schurz (1829 - 1906)

Posts: 14617 | Location: Moreno Valley CA USA | Registered: 20 November 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I just filled out my WY apps. The date is the same as last year, for my zone (Sept 10th). This is kind of bad because last year Sept 10th fell on a Thurs. It gave me one more day before the locals started.

Posts: 396 | Location: CA | Registered: 23 October 2007Reply With Quote