Find
Notify
Tools

S&W i-Bolt rifles, any good?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Flippy
posted
(I put this in the small bore rifle forum also.)

Does anybody have any personal experience with the S&W i-bolt rifles?

One of the local sporting goods dealers has the black/black i-Bolts for $250
after the sale price and rebate.

One of my hunting partners is thinking of the 25-'06 for varmints, deer and antelope.
I told him for $250 it is hard to find a good USED gun, let alone a NEW one. I read
an article on these a while back, and if I remember correctly, they performed quite well
for the money.

Any thoughts?

JUST A TYPICAL WHITE GUY BITTERLY CLINGING TO GUNS AND RELIGION

Definition of HOPLOPHOBIA

"I'm the guy that originally wrote the 'assault weapons' ban." --- Former Vice President Joe Biden

Posts: 1700 | Location: Lurking somewhere around SpringTucky Oregon | Registered: 18 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
I have been looking at one for a couple weeks now and like the 60' bolt but I realy dont like the molded in plastic swivle studs. The trigger seems good as far as I can tell. To me it is about a low to mid $400 price rifle but at my local gun shop it is much higher than that.

Posts: 7361 | Location: South East Missouri | Registered: 23 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Flippy
posted Hide Post
Ted, thanks for the input.

(GI) Joe's is who has them for this price locally.

I was thinking $250 was about $100-150 less than it was worth. MSRP is $553, I believe.

Posts: 1700 | Location: Lurking somewhere around SpringTucky Oregon | Registered: 18 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
thats a heck of a deal!! for 250$ you can't go wrong. better looking then the Stevens 200's that are 50$ more

If you think every possible niche has been filled already, thank a wildcatter!

Posts: 2287 | Location: CO | Registered: 14 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Flippy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MileHighShooter:
thats a heck of a deal!! for 250$ you can't go wrong. better looking then the Stevens 200's that are 50$ more
He's going to go buy one tomorrow.

Thanks guys.

---Mike