New
Find
Notify
Tools

Memorial Day Weekend WWIAF bear hunt
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Once again I had the pleasure of spending the American Memorial Day weekend with two great hero's.
As we hunted for bear there was a lot of talk of team members lost in combat and the sacrifices made by so many. Both Grady and William are Purple Heart recipient Marines who are great people to spend 6 days hunting with.

Thanks to some of the AR members that donated to WWIAF to to pay for licenses, tags and plane tickets to come to Skinner Creek. These guys really appreciate the effort people go through to make trips like this happen.

Both Grady and William killed great boars, both bears taken with the use of hounds.

We spent time together cutting meat which will go to the local Salvation Army soup kitchen.

William with his great boar.

Grady with his bear.

On a side note both guys got to climb the tree to get their bears out. that is a first for me.

Doug McMann
www.skinnercreekhunts.com
ph# 250-476-1288
Fax # 250-476-1288
PO Box 27
Tatlayoko Lake, BC
Canada
V0L 1W0
email skinnercreek@telus.net

Posts: 1227 | Location:  | Registered: 21 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Great way to spend Memorial Day Doug...
Thanks for your work with our Veterans..I applaud folks like you that care enough to devote time, money, and energy to help our Veterans
Looks like a great time was had by all!

Posts: 931 | Location: Music City USA | Registered: 09 April 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of DesertRam
posted Hide Post
Wonderful! Thanks for supporting this cause.

Posts: 3296 | Location: Southern NM USA | Registered: 01 October 2002Reply With Quote