THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Suggestions on your favorite places to...

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Suggestions on your favorite places to...
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Kenati
posted
(Sorry if this is a little off topic, I didn’t know where to post this.)

Once again, I’m calling on the infinite wisdom of our forum members. I would like to have some input on a road trip I have planned for June 9th-16th. We are “relocating†an RV from Phoenix to Seattle for a friend… I’m not really the RV type, but I couldn’t turn this down. We’ll end the trip by seeing some family in northern California.

I’d like to know what suggestions you have for your favorite places along our route (please see map below). We are taking fishing rods and varmint rifles. We’ve been through all these areas a few times over the years, but it’s so easy to pass up stuff we’ve never heard of.

Fire away!

Thanks,

Kenati

<A HREF="http://www.hunt101.com/img/288256-big.jpg
" TARGET=_blank>http://www.hunt101.com/img/288256-big.jpg[/URL]</A>

Posts: 1051 | Location: Dirty Coast | Registered: 23 November 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Be sure and stop off at Heritage Firearms [Aleko's gunstore] in Salt Lake City.
Also if you can alter your route the road from Bisie north through McCall to Grangeville is one of the most senic roads in the nation.

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Shoot a few wolves on your way through Jellystone! gunsmile

Posts: 10478 | Location: N.W. Wyoming | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Kenati
posted Hide Post
Kudu56,

I was waiting for that one! My friend and I were hitting the bourbon last night while plotting a scheme to smoke some wolves in the park... ahahaha!

N E 450 No2,

Thanks for the tip. That's EXACTLY the kind of info I'd like to have. Great gunshops with incredible mounts, the best scenic roads, a favorite spot to camp, a your favorite pawn shop near an Indian reservation, etc.

Thanks,

Kenati

Posts: 1051 | Location: Dirty Coast | Registered: 23 November 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of erict
posted Hide Post
It's a little off the route you show, but I highly recommend a stop off at Crater Lake National Park - it's one of the most amazing places I've ever seen.

Fishing can be had at the park from a small portion of shoreline near where the tour boat docks. Looks like easy catching from what I saw of the one guy with a bucket containing quite a few fish in it.

"Listen more than you speak, and you will hear more stupid things than you say."

Posts: 705 | Location: near Albany, NY | Registered: 06 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SwiftShot
posted Hide Post
If you want to shoot varmits you can shoot all day in oregon on the alfalfa fields. Local farmers have some pesky little rodents. Me I used 1 brick of 22 long rifles and got a hell of a lot of blisters from reloading the magazine. Just stop by and ask they will point you in the direction.

Posts: 433 | Location: Washington state USA  | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote