Find
Notify
Tools

Warning to all hunters....
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of SkyJacker
posted
When you are in the woods this year, make sure you watch out for this guy....

Posts: 177 | Location: Savannah, GA | Registered: 13 June 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Brain1
posted Hide Post
I think I sold this guy a grunt call last week. Yep that's him. He was with a female of his same species. She only had 3 teeth instead of 4 like her mate.

You can borrow money, but you can't borrow time. Don't wait, go now.
Savannah Safaris Namibia
Otjitambi Trails & Safaris
DRSS
NRA
SCI
DSC
TSRA
TMPA

Posts: 1258 | Location: Bridgeport, Tx | Registered: 20 May 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I am quite certain I shared a Caribou Hunting Camp with this guy a few years back!
He claimed he had been in some big movie from several years prior to that - "Delivery" or "Deliverance" I think was the name of his movie!
Anyway he had forgotten his sleeping bag and was asking the guys the first night if they could "share" their bags with him. I don't know what became of him but that was the last we saw of him!!!
He talked real slow and had a funny kind of a stare!
I think he must have wandered off and got lost that first night?
A few nights later we thought we heard a banjo playing in the distance?
Catchy tune it seemed!
Who knows if he's still out there wandering around?
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Posts: 3067 | Location: South West Montana | Registered: 20 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
That guy is one of the hillbillies from "Deliverance."

Some of the more memorable lines - some were his but I don't remember all of them:

"Now let's you jest drop them pants."

"Don't say anything, jest do it!"

"He shore has a purty mouth . . ."

That was the scariest damned movie I ever saw.

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13483 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
i use a .410 catridge belt to carry 243 and 308 rounds. sometimes someone will ask, "why do you carry so many rounds?"
my answer is always the same."have you ever seen deliverance?"
good shooting

Posts: 669 | Location: Alberta Canada | Registered: 18 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Another good reason to carry a handgun when in the woods.

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
"Squeal like a pig"

Posts: 470 | Location: Mountains of Southern New Mexico | Registered: 24 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Redhawk1
posted Hide Post
I just saw him on my land I just bought in West Virginia, I had to give him a warning to move on. He walked off mumbling something about bacon? rotflmo

If you're going to make a hole, make it a big one.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Member of the Delaware Destroyers
Member Reeders Misfits
NRA Life Member ENDOWMENT MEMBER
NAHC Life Member
DSA Life Member

Posts: 3142 | Location: Magnolia Delaware | Registered: 15 May 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Another goddamn yankee commin' down here buyin' up our land and then bad mouthin' us. What burns my ass about our State being sold is everyone wants to come here to " get away from it all, back to nature", and the first thing the yankees want to do is start passing laws about where your dog can shit, what color your mailbox has to be, and you can't park your tractor in your front yard beacuse it ain't pretty. Well pretty soon its as regulated, congested and ruined as the place they come from to start with and we have to live with it.

Not that it pisses me off or anything............JJ

Redhawk, after reading my post I realized that you may not be one of those urban assholes, that you are in all probability a good feller and the shoe may not fit, so I'll apoligize now.
But you get my drift about the yankees changing "West By God" into a suburb of Boston or some other shithole, it just drives me nuts..........JJ

" venator ferae bestiae et aquae vitae "

Posts: 593 | Location: Southern WV, USA | Registered: 03 August 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
another good reason why first cousion's should never marry

Posts: 491 | Location: British Columbia Canada  | Registered: 02 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jim White
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Brain1:
I think I sold this guy a grunt call last week. Yep that's him. He was with a female of his same species. She only had 3 teeth instead of 4 like her mate.

Brain1, You have obviously mis-identified the species of this creature. It plainly is the 5 tooth variety and not the 4 tooth. I'm sure the 5 tooth is much more rare than the 4 tooth. If you look real closely at the lower jaw this may even be a 7 tooth which was thought to be extinct! Jim

99% of the democrats give the rest a bad name.

"O" = zero

NRA life member

Posts: 730 | Location: Prescott, AZ | Registered: 07 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Brain1
posted Hide Post
Ya but Jim he has such a pretty mouth.

You can borrow money, but you can't borrow time. Don't wait, go now.
Savannah Safaris Namibia
Otjitambi Trails & Safaris
DRSS
NRA
SCI
DSC
TSRA
TMPA

Posts: 1258 | Location: Bridgeport, Tx | Registered: 20 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
33_miller:

Look, I may be one of those damyankees but can you listen to me long enough to notice that the guy who posted originally is from Savannah, Georgia? The last time this damyankee looked- Georgia was not a Yankee state! Smiler

BTW, I happen to agree with your other sentiments.

Posts: 619 | Location: The Empire State | Registered: 14 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sky Jacker:

Your picture brought up a memory for me that I had not thought of in many years. (I'm 76) I was hunting deer in the Catskill mountains of NY (about 100 miles or so north of NY City) as a teenager, maybe 18-19.I was walking out near dark along a log road when I came around a bend in the road and a group of guys came from the side of the road where they apparently had a tent camp. They apparently were led by a really fierce looking old man and what I guess were his sons. The old man looked liked the guy in your post. The old man said to me in a really menacing (to me) slow drawling voice:" That's a nice looking rifle you have there!". It happened that I held a pistol permit and had received it at age 18(legal then in NY). I opened my jacket and let him see the pistol. The old man waved me on and acted pleasantly. Maybe I was just totally misreading him ("Don't judge a book by its cover") but your picture sure awakened an old memory for me!

Posts: 619 | Location: The Empire State | Registered: 14 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
OK Gerry, don't be shy, let it out...what happened after that?

Posts: 6080 | Location: New York City "The Concrete Jungle" | Registered: 04 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Redhawk1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JJ_Miller:
Another goddamn yankee commin' down here buyin' up our land and then bad mouthin' us. What burns my ass about our State being sold is everyone wants to come here to " get away from it all, back to nature", and the first thing the yankees want to do is start passing laws about where your dog can shit, what color your mailbox has to be, and you can't park your tractor in your front yard beacuse it ain't pretty. Well pretty soon its as regulated, congested and ruined as the place they come from to start with and we have to live with it.

Not that it pisses me off or anything............JJ

Redhawk, after reading my post I realized that you may not be one of those urban assholes, that you are in all probability a good feller and the shoe may not fit, so I'll apoligize now.
But you get my drift about the yankees changing "West By God" into a suburb of Boston or some other shithole, it just drives me nuts..........JJ

My post was not to offend you or anyone from West Virginia. I love it there and plan to move there in about 4 to 5 years. I bought 20 Acer's. I have met some really nice people since I have been going to WV. I am not originally from the east coast, I am from the West, Colorado, but to tell you, I was in the Military and I have lived in the mid-west also and all over.
I am an original mountain boy from Colorado, the city is not and has not been for me. I rather have the laid back mountains of WV any day. So please don't take offence to my post, because it was meant in fun. salute

If you're going to make a hole, make it a big one.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Member of the Delaware Destroyers
Member Reeders Misfits
NRA Life Member ENDOWMENT MEMBER
NAHC Life Member
DSA Life Member

Posts: 3142 | Location: Magnolia Delaware | Registered: 15 May 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jim White
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Redhawk1:
[ So please don't take offence to my post, because it was meant in fun. salute

Redhawk I don't think anyone took offense with your post. Maybe sixgun sally might if he comes over here and reads it but I would'nt worry to much. It was certainly obvious to me that you were just pokin fun. Jim

99% of the democrats give the rest a bad name.

"O" = zero

NRA life member

Posts: 730 | Location: Prescott, AZ | Registered: 07 February 2001Reply With Quote