THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Top 5 North American big game animals you are passionate about hunting.
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Top 5 North American big game animals you are passionate about hunting.
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of loud-n-boomer
posted Hide Post
In no particular order:

Tule Elk
Rocky Mountain Elk
Pronghorn
Mule Deer, particlarly in mixed sage/juniper rimrock country
Sheep or Goat (Haven't yet, but love mountain hunting

One morning I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got into my pajamas I'll never know. - Groucho Marx

Posts: 3831 | Location: Eastern Slope, Colorado, USA | Registered: 01 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Here ae mine in order, I like these because I can hunt them all in my home State. If and when I get my moose tag I'll probably move on to sheep and goats if I'm still young enough.

Moose
Elk
Mule Deer
Pronghorn
Black Bear

One of Us
posted Hide Post
in no order
mulies in the badlands
trophy antelope (16+)
black bear
elk
shed antlers from elk & deer

Posts: 2141 | Location: enjoying my freedom in wyoming | Registered: 13 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
#1 Big Whitetails (already taken a big one with a bow, would like to get a monster with a handgun)
The rest are in no particular order
Brown Bear on Kodiak Island
Black Bear
Mature Bull Elk
Big Mule Deer

gd

one of us
posted Hide Post
Sad to say North America doesn't do it for me anymore. I still like hunting elk and sheep. A big whitetail would be nice. No real passion any more. If I won a sheep hunt in a raffle or something, I would be excited again, but I'm not going to throw my money at NA hunting anymore.

Posts: 13856 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Red C.
posted Hide Post
1. Whitetail buck tag 1
2. Whitetail buck tag 2
3. Whitetail doe tag 3
4. Whitetail doe tag 4
5. Whitetail doe tag 5

Using bow, muzzle loader, and rifle.

We were only allowed two bucks this year in Oklahoma. They're trying to get the buck to doe ratio in better standing.

Red C.
Everything I say is fully substantiated by my own opinion.

Posts: 909 | Location: SE Oklahoma | Registered: 18 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bwana Nderobo
posted Hide Post
1. Brown Bear
2. Moose
3. Elk
4. Caribou
5. Black Bear

And hell, anything in the Rockies, it's just gorgeous there!

Phil Massaro
President, Massaro Ballistic Laboratories, LLC
NRA Life Member
B&C Member
www.mblammo.com

Hunt Reports- Zambia 2011
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/1481089261

"Two kinds of people in this world, those of us with loaded guns, and those of us who dig. You dig."

Posts: 441 | Location: New Baltimore, NY | Registered: 14 February 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have shot so much game in my life that I am no longer passionate about it, still like to hunt however....

I suppose my favorite hunt is for Mule Deer behind my house with my grandson..We hunt out of the Pick up or horseback, walk or ride the canyon rims...I use my old iron sighted Win. M-94 SRC, 25-35 Win. caliber, and I have to get close (within a 150 yards) or not take the shot (self imposed rule)...I lose some really big old bucks from time to time, but so be it, let someone else have them, they probably will appreciate a big buck more than I and thats a good thing....

I always get my buck, usually a spike or forkhorn and ocassionally one of the big boys that hang out where I hunt and there are some real monsters there, but that spike is a lot easier to pack out on my horse, just drag him up in my lap and head for the trailer, and he will eat good also...

My 17 year old grandson is strictly a meat hunter and he loves his deer meat. Have never been able to make a trophy hunter out of him, although he has killed some nice bucks, and he loves to hunt.

To both of us its all about the hunt, the experience, and the quality time with each other, and thats another good thing..

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 42136 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of HankinColorado
posted Hide Post
1. High-country mule deer
2. Pacific coast blacktail deer
3. Coues deer
4. Rocky Mountain Goats
5. Antelope

Hank

Life, it's good...

Posts: 225 | Location: Colorado Springs USA | Registered: 23 July 2004Reply With Quote