Find
Notify
Tools

Couse Deer today!
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of 323
posted
Well fella's I finally got my deer today. I got off about 1300 today came home and sat here playing a video game. Well about 1500 I decided to go hunting, So I headed up to the sportsman center here on post and signed out. Asked one of the oldtimers here where he would go since the place I have been hunting all I see are does. At first he told me to go into T1 then he said hell just go into T3 drive the road and glass the hillsides, that's how they hunt them here on post. I have been walking my ass off just seeing does all day, anyhow I drive the firebreak go about 2 miles. I come to the first hill and I see some movement I get my binos out and it is two does and a fawn. I drive down the road about a 100yds and see some more deer put the bino's on them and it is 3 does, I catch movement from the left it is another deer put the binos on it and it is buck doesn't have clue I'm there. So I get out of the truck and get a good sitting rest, sun is setting so I'm getting glare to, anyways he stops by a dead juniper tree I put the cross hairs on his shoulder and squeeze the trigger and he went down like a sack of potatoes. I get up to the were he is, I had to cut his throat still had some life in him. He was 250yds out up hill I was using my 25-284 using 90gr Sierra boat tail hollowpoint it went through his shoulder and out his neck real good performance, I think. He wieghed 62.5lbs and was a 4x2 western count.The 3rd photo is the entry and the 4th is the exit.

[image][/image] [image][/image] [image][image] [image][/image] [image][/image]

Posts: 2501 | Location: Wasilla, Alaska | Registered: 31 May 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
job well done--chris

Posts: 304 | Location: San Francisco, CA, USA | Registered: 14 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JeffP
posted Hide Post
Nothing like blood on the tailgate...

Fire up the Bar B. Q.

Posts: 2482 | Location: Alaska....At heart | Registered: 17 January 2002Reply With Quote