Find
Notify
Tools

Want to shoot a buffalo?
 Login/Join

<SkiBumplus3>
posted
Folks,

The falling price of buffalo meat is our blessing. Last weekend I travelled to Browning, Montana and harvested a 700 pound buffalo heifer for $600! This price includes the meat, hide, skull and shooting. It does not include processing of the meat which will cost about $.35 per pound at the butcher.

I DO NOT have any financial incentive to tell you about this. I learned of a large buffalo herd being reduced and took advantage of the opportunity. Bulls are more.
Here's a picture of the cow. I shot her at 75 yards with a .338 Win Mag. using a 230 grain Winchester Fail bullet. The shot was just behind the ear and shattered the neck before exiting.

Please email me or ask here if you would like the contact info.

Shoot Straight,

SkiBumplus3

one of us
Picture of CK
posted Hide Post
SkiBumplus3

Nice buff! I bet it will be delicious-
Not a bad price either.

Chris

Posts: 653 | Location: Juneau, Alaska | Registered: 09 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Not bad , but someone would let you shoot a 700 lb beef heifer for about $100 less .

Posts: 1660 | Location: Gary , SD | Registered: 05 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
1.05 dollars a pound?
gs

Posts: 1805 | Location: American Athens, Greece | Registered: 24 November 2001Reply With Quote
Picture of Canuck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdgunslinger:
Not bad , but someone would let you shoot a 700 lb beef heifer for about $100 less .

But it would only taste 1/2 as good!

Canuck

Posts: 7121 | Location: The Rock (southern V.I.) | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
<sure-shot>
posted
Not bad. Enjoy that meat, it certainly is great! My friend shot a young bull for $1000 in Dec near Afton,WY. Cows went around $750. This is a good thing for us, you agree?
sure-shot

Picture of Canuck
posted Hide Post
Depends on your perspective. My Pa has a hundred head now. He bought high, and can't afford to sell.

At least he won't starve.

Canuck

Posts: 7121 | Location: The Rock (southern V.I.) | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Do you need a hunting license for buffalo? That sounds like a good hunt. At least different

Good luck and good shooting

Posts: 839 | Location: Between Doan's Crossing and Red River Station | Registered: 22 July 2001Reply With Quote
<RussT>
posted
No hunting license required. You would call it a shoot more than a hunt.
The end result is the same, great meat in the freezer. Last night had a New York strip from the bull I took the day after Thanksgiving. It is actually fork tender. Even the burger is good!!

one of us
Picture of Dutch
posted Hide Post
A vendor of mine in Central Utah is also offering this service. He got lucky and managed to sell about 700 head right before the bottom fell completely out. Still has a couple of hundred, from mature bulls to heifers. Sells most of them at the end of a barrel, now.

They are good eating, that's for sure. I would not call it a hunt, but nothing wrong with shooting your own meat. FWIW, Dutch.

Posts: 4564 | Location: Idaho Falls, ID, USA | Registered: 21 September 2000Reply With Quote