New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dallas, Texas
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Going to be in Dallas next month. What noteworthy gun stores, museums,etc., should a gun nut and hunter ... and history buff take in? Also, good restaurants?
Thanks.

Posts: 64 | Location: 19th century | Registered: 02 May 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hard 8 has some pretty good BBQ, you can pick it out of the pit. And it is GOOD!

Posts: 10478 | Location: N.W. Wyoming | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wayfaring Stranger
posted Hide Post
Bone Daddy's BBQ, don't ask for details, just go.

Other than that I don't know of anything terribly interesting expect the usual Cabelas and Bass Pro mega stores.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If the 270 won't do it the .338 will, if the 338 won't I can't afford the hunt!

Posts: 320 | Location: Montgomery, Texas | Registered: 29 October 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of J.R.Jackson
posted Hide Post
The Sixth Floor Museum at Dealey Plaza

Posts: 570 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 12 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I do plan to visit Dealey Plaza. Have been interested in JFK's murder for years and through numerous books. I presume the museum, located as it is, presents the assassination story as The Warren Commission would have it presented. Do you know if this is so?

one of us
posted Hide Post
The Sixth Floor Museum is an outstandingly professional operation run by personnel who are meticulous in verifying the authenticity of information and displays in the museum. By all means, it is worth the visit.

Posts: 13242 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
Ray's used to have a pretty good selection but I have not been in there in a while:

Ray's Sporting Goods

730 Singleton Blvd
Dallas , TX 75212
Phone 214-747-7916

There is also Jackson Armory:

http://www.jacksonarmory.com/JA/

Not in Dallas, but in the area, there is a Cabelas and Bass Pro.

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The Amon Carter Museum in Ft Worth has one of the best collections of Western art in the world.

Posts: 6725 | Location: central Texas | Registered: 05 August 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks,Gentlemen. I appreciate the tips.

One of Us
Picture of Oday450
posted Hide Post
There's always the Cabela's on the West side of Ft Worth not far from DFW airport.

"Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult."

Posts: 1313 | Location: The People's Republic of Maryland, USA | Registered: 05 August 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
And Bass Pro in Grapevine! Big Grin

Posts: 10478 | Location: N.W. Wyoming | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote