THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Re: Which is faster?A Bolt Gun or Levergun?

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Which is faster?A Bolt Gun or Levergun?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of CaptJack
posted
I appreciate that you are asking about a .338 &a .457
but I thought I'd post this up since it's just out from Remington.
It's built for law enforcement but would make an incredible hog gun.
It would be a great fast shooter in any caliber..

http://www.remingtonle.com/rifles/7600.htm

one of us
posted Hide Post
The original topic was

Quote:
------------------------------------------------------------
A .338 RUM or a .457 Wildwest Mag Levergun(with a 405 bullet over 2,000 fps)?Both with 43 ft lbs of Recoil? Your opinion....

your reply was

Quote:

The only guns that were competitive were semiautos, pumps in low-recoiling rounds, followed by lever actions in low-recoiling rounds

Since it was stated that the 338ultramag and the .457 wildwest mag lever gun ,both deliver 43ftlbs of recoil,any data based on low-recoiling rounds would not necessarily be relevent data to base assumptions on.
============================================================

Just posting something I read awhile back. My apologies...

Posts: 454 | Location: Califon, NJ USA | Registered: 18 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
A lever gun has only two movements... down and up.
A bolt gun has four... up, back, forward, down (then reposition the trigger finger)
Lever is faster, since the hand only moves in two directions, whereas the bolt action hand changes direction four times cycling the bolt.
Granted, someone can learn to be quite fast with either, but a lever is faster. ~~~Suluuq

Posts: 854 | Location: Kotzebue, Ak. | Registered: 25 December 2001Reply With Quote