New
Find
Notify
Tools

Looking for help with antelope hunt
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
My hunting pard and I have a pref point for WY antelope. We'd like to do a DIY hunt this fall and wonder if anyone can point us to some public land, perhaps in south central WY, that would provide a decent opportunity.
I appreciate any help.

Thank you

Bill

Bill

Posts: 109 | Location: IL | Registered: 20 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
bill - there are lots of good folks here who can help you out....unfortunately, i am not one of them as i have never hunted wyoming~.

there are a couple of fellows over at www.baitshopboyz.com who live right there, and another fellow who lived there for years before moving up to montana. they could all give you some excellent pointers, if you want.

Posts: 51246 | Location: Chinook, Montana | Registered: 01 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I hunted area 50. It was a easy hunt but nothing over 14 inches. I think the surrounding areas were the same. The great thing about WY is just calling and talking to a Warden. They'll call you back and their info is correct. (at least the ones I talked to) They will tell you which areas have the best bucks and which propery owner to call for access.

Good luck

Posts: 396 | Location: CA | Registered: 23 October 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
No antelope in WY. Pronghorn?

Posts: 2827 | Location: Seattle, in the other Washington | Registered: 26 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
There are Antelope, Pronghorns and Speed Goats in WY.

Posts: 396 | Location: CA | Registered: 23 October 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Southern Wyoming has the most state land and some of the best antelope hunting. Green river - Rawlins is my first pick area 60,61,62.
The best areas are very hard to draw a tag even with preference points.Wyoming has a great web site with all the information you need.

Robert Johnson

Posts: 599 | Location: Soldotna Alaska | Registered: 05 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info. I really appreciate it.

Brice,

Thanks for showing us your obviously well informed animal Taxonomy. Your input was sorely needed.....

Bill

Posts: 109 | Location: IL | Registered: 20 July 2002Reply With Quote