THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    What did you think of the Sarah Palin hunting video?

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What did you think of the Sarah Palin hunting video?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I didn't see a thread on this already.

It looked to me like a poorly done set up. With the dramatic music, and the talk about how they have to get one today, etc, etc.

She is clearly a novice shooter, very novice. But the scope that she was trying to use was knocked out of alignment during the trip.
She made the shot just fine once she had a functional gun.

Clearly an inexperienced hunter.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HW0Xx4DXkYk

Sand Creek November 29 1864

Posts: 1511 | Location: cul va | Registered: 25 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of don444
posted Hide Post
I liked it myself.... at least she tries. JMO

Posts: 551 | Location: Idaho | Registered: 27 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I saw that film and I thought it was a helll of a lot better than the "hunting" shows.

Aim for the exit hole

Posts: 4348 | Location: middle tenn | Registered: 09 December 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cazador humilde
posted Hide Post
I think the scope/rifle would have been just fine if her dad hadn't been using it as a walking/climbing stick prior to the shot.

I'm not sure she's an absolute novice, just concious of the cameras. I think the main reason she scares the hell out of the liberals is that she's obviously way more complicated than what appears on the surface. The voice, the perkiness, yeah, it appears at first to be a little ditzy, and I'm not saying that she's my first choice for President, but rest assured, there's a method to her madness. And I think her family is in on the plan.

Like it or hate it, these shows have bound to increased bookings for Alaska tourism. Hell, my wife happened across a show I'd recorded and she's hounding me now to book a fishing trip up there.

Posts: 1278 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 31 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
She made an honest clean kill. Meat went in the freezer. It's what we all do. I'm proud for her!!

Free men should not be subjected to permits, paperwork and taxation in order to carry any firearm. NRA Benefactor

Posts: 1652 | Location: Deer Park, Texas | Registered: 08 June 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of RMiller
posted Hide Post
It seems pretty obvious that she may have never shot anything before. Palin was very excited about hunting with her dad.

I liked the vid. Especially if you see what she shot the caribou with...has to be a 300 mag or 338 win mag.

If you listen to the helper on the side you can hear him say "just think of Obama" right before she shoots his rifle...hahahahaha

--------------------
THANOS WAS RIGHT!

Posts: 9823 | Location: Montana | Registered: 25 June 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Would somebody please explain to me why her father had to cycle the bolt for her after each shot ?? Broken arm ? Roll Eyes

one of us
Picture of RMiller
posted Hide Post
My guess is she hasnt done much shooting before.

--------------------
THANOS WAS RIGHT!

Posts: 9823 | Location: Montana | Registered: 25 June 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Dr. Lou
posted Hide Post
The only thing I didn't like about the episode was that she looked inept by having her dad work the bolt.

I especially liked the previous episode when the family was fishing in Dillingham. I lived/worked there and know most of the characters. Great place. Great people.

Lou

NRA Life Benefactor Member

Posts: 3313 | Location: USA | Registered: 15 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of OldFart
posted Hide Post
It liked it 100% more than the production videos - where they shoot the game first and then film the hunt. It seemed real and not a bunch of acting.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
And a total lightweight...

Posts: 54 | Location: San Francisco Peninsula | Registered: 31 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I enjoyed every minute of it. As far as her Dad cycling the bolt, My daughter is 30 years old and has killed more big Whitetail and Mulie Bucks than alot of hunters on here along with an elk or two and I still take her 300 win mag and cycle the shell though normally the animal is dead with the first shot. Maybe it is a Dad thing!!!!!

Posts: 35 | Location: SW Montana | Registered: 28 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think Sarah has hunted before.Her dad was over anxious trying to help her and got in the way.He said it was a Varmint Rifle because she did not like a hard kicking Rifle.I think they were dumb for not taking a sighting in shot after the plane ride.The Rifle was a Post 64 Win.The one she used from the family friend was some magnum Caliber.She had no problem handling it.She might look fu-fu ,but I think she is pretty tough!!!! tu2

Posts: 4372 | Location: NE Wisconsin | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The only ones not liking the show are liberals! I like the show, think she is alot smarter than most give her credit for and she is a person of heart....something very strange in the land of politics. I think she would make a much better prez than the asshole we have now. Plus, with the show, most people learn something about Alaska they did not know before....so she is also promoting Alaska and that is good for Alaskans.

Posts: 4115 | Location: Pa. | Registered: 21 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of billinthewild
posted Hide Post
This lady has more grit than 90% of the men in the political arena. God bless her.... tu2

"When you play, play hard; when you work, don't play at all."
Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 4263 | Location: Pinetop, Arizona | Registered: 02 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wstrnhuntr
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by billinthewild:
This lady has more grit than 90% of the men in the political arena. God bless her.... tu2

Exactly. Any lady who has the stuff to go hunting and have a good time dooing it is OK in my book reguardless of skill level. At least she doesnt act like that libtard skank who went along and acted like the cluless snob that she is. (I forget her name).

And as for choice for President, she IS mine at this point. She rooted out corruption in Alaska and she is the ONLY one with the attitude that she wants to work as a team and doesnt have to be #1.

How many other candidates have such a selfless disposition? The rest strike me as opportunists and powermongers. But I will back any conservative who gets the nomination.

Posts: 10160 | Location: Tooele, Ut | Registered: 27 September 2001Reply With Quote