New
Find
Notify
Tools

Kimber founder
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
wasn't sure where to post this, but I ended up putting it here. found this thumbing through the local paper:

<<begin>>

Gregory John Warne

A memorial service will be at 3 p.m. Friday, June 30, 2006 in Lake Grove Presbyterian Church in Lake Oswego (OR) for Gregory John Warne, who died June 9 of a heart attack at age 57.

Mr. Warne was born Jan. 12, 1949 in Adelaide, Australia. He graduated from the University of Adelaide and received a master's degree from the University of Washington. He moved in 1979 to Portland (OR) and founded Kimber of Oregon, which gained a reputation for high-quality products from small-bore rifles to a .505 caliber elephant gun. In 1990, he sold his interest in the company and most recently owned a company in Costa Rica that manufactured custom gun parts.

Survivors include his sons, parents, and brother.

Remembrances to the National Alliance on Mental Illness in Clackamas County (OR). Arrangements by Jardines del Recuerdo in San Jose, Costa Rica.

<<end>>

not trying to bring down anyone's day, just thought we all should know about his passing. I did a search and didn't find any hits, so I thought it would be appropriate to post this.

irwin

Posts: 108 | Location: not where I was... | Registered: 09 November 2002Reply With Quote