THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    How to improve the environment for game animals?

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How to improve the environment for game animals?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I have 100 acres I live on and hunt in Virginia. I'm looking for ideas for improving forage for he local animals. I've planted clover for the spring, and I'm putting in oaks and persimmons for the fall. Those are easy.
I have no idea what to do for the animals to help them get through the winter. Turkey and deer both forage. I can't imagine what food they find in the winter. Any suggestions?

Sand Creek November 29 1864

Posts: 1511 | Location: cul va | Registered: 25 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Give your district wildlife biologist a call and ask for his help. I don't know specifically what programs are offered in Virginia, but many state DNR wildlife divisions offer wildlife management assistance for private landowners.

=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=

DRSS; NRA; Illinois State Rifle Association; Missouri Sport Shooting Association

“One of the sad signs of our times is that we have demonized those who produce, subsidized those who refuse to produce, and canonized those who complain.”
– Thomas Sowell, “The Vision Of The Anointed: Self-Congratulation As A Basis For Social Policy”

Posts: 771 | Location: Missouri | Registered: 09 January 2011Reply With Quote