THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Eastern Colorado Mule Deer Hunt - show airs Feb 24 Thursday!
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Eastern Colorado Mule Deer Hunt - show airs Feb 24 Thursday!
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted Hide Post
I would have done things differently if it was not filmed.

I knew I needed at least 2 seconds of footage to make it work for the TV show, so I gave him a couple seconds. Then I started my squeeze and a gust if wind blew me off a bit (It was very windy that day).

By the time I started another squeeze, he was gone. I rushed the first running shot, since he was close, then chambered a second round and took my time on the second shot.

He stood there long enough to get a shot off while standing, had I not waited.

I stated in the show that the first shot was behind him, but I think it was in front of him. I just lead him too far.

I was shooting David Morris' rifle, a Tecomate Sako 270 WSM. I didn't have any trouble with the gun, the gun felt natural, just like my rifles. I just rushed the first shot.

Posts: 6265 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 13 July 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Brian Clark:
I missed this show, does anyone know if it will re-air anytime soon.
Thanks!

it was on 3 times this week, I do not think it will air again for a while. May catch it on a re-run in another quarter.

You should watch it because David's Deer will be on one coming soon. That was a hell of a Deer!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good show and GREAT buck Wendell! The old boy was a tank!

Posts: 298 | Location: Kansas | Registered: 13 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wendell Reich:
I would have done things differently if it was not filmed.

I knew I needed at least 2 seconds of footage to make it work for the TV show, so I gave him a couple seconds. Then I started my squeeze and a gust if wind blew me off a bit (It was very windy that day).

By the time I started another squeeze, he was gone. I rushed the first running shot, since he was close, then chambered a second round and took my time on the second shot.

He stood there long enough to get a shot off while standing, had I not waited.

I stated in the show that the first shot was behind him, but I think it was in front of him. I just lead him too far.

I was shooting David Morris' rifle, a Tecomate Sako 270 WSM. I didn't have any trouble with the gun, the gun felt natural, just like my rifles. I just rushed the first shot.

For all those reading this, remember, I was standing right next to Wendell. My re-collection of the events are a bit DIFFERENT!!! Cool

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
303-619-2872: Cell
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

Posts: 4885 | Location: Boise, Idaho | Registered: 05 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Brian Clark
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wendell Reich:
quote:
Originally posted by Brian Clark:
I missed this show, does anyone know if it will re-air anytime soon.
Thanks!

it was on 3 times this week, I do not think it will air again for a while. May catch it on a re-run in another quarter.

You should watch it because David's Deer will be on one coming soon. That was a hell of a Deer!

Thanks, Sorry I missed it.

Thanks!

Brian Clark

Blue Skies Hunting Adventures
www.blueskieshunting.com
Email at: info@blueskieshunting.com

African Cape Trophy Safaris
www.africancapesafaris.com
Email at: brian@africancapesafaris.com

1-402-689-2024

Posts: 1013 | Location: Nebraska | Registered: 30 August 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of drummondlindsey
posted Hide Post
Wendell,

Lee and Tiffanys show aired tonight and there is video of your buck on it. Impressive deer! I don't know when it airs again

Drummond

Posts: 2092 | Location: Windsor, CO | Registered: 06 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted Hide Post
Dang! I know he was trying to kill that deer the last season (2009), right? I have the sheds from that deer in 2009! He was bigger in 2009 that when I shot him.