THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Big whitetail buck hunt, special pricing!!!

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Big whitetail buck hunt, special pricing!!!
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
 -

-

-

-

How does hunting for bucks scoring 140-200 and costing only $2500.00 sound???? Too good to be true, right????

I have been invited but I can not go on this hunt this year. My schedule is already full but I thought some of you might be interested. I am not personally benefitting by posting this here.

I don't know how you feel about hunting a preserve but this is something that I feel that I just have to share. I DO NOT WANT TO GET INTO AN ARGUEMENT ABOUT HUNTING BEHIND AN FENCE. This preserve is 1200 hundred acres with half of it being wooded and the elevations change is 350 feet so that there is lots of cover, ridgelines, and crossings. Last year at this preserve, I did some cull hunting at the end of the season with my bow for some does and had a great time. While I was there, I saw some great bucks but the price for the bucks was out of my league (from $2500 up to $10,000). The management has just announced a special of any buck on the property for $2500.00 which includes trophy fee, daily hunt fee, food, lodging, and guide. I understand that he is now wanting to cull some of his bucks of 200 inches or less before he introduces his 200 plus class buck fawn next year. The guy who runs this is a multimillionair who has been doing this as a hobby with just a few people hunting there last year. He has bought breeder bucks and does from Texas and Canada and has a breeding program on the property. He releases the buck fawns after they are weaned into the 1200 acre hunting enclosure. There should be some pics here of bucks taken last year. You may recognize some of the men in the photos.

If you want more information on this hunt contact Paul Taylor at 828-693-3596-home, 828-243-5026-cell phone, dink@ioa.com email.

[ 10-28-2002, 00:04: Message edited by: Ron L ]

Posts: 276 | Location: hendersonville, nc 28739 | Registered: 18 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
This appears to be Russ Bellar's operation near Peru, IN. Not too far from my home.
I've seen the pictures.
Not exactly my idea of deer hunting, but he sure has some big uns in there.

I've heard he's not had much luck selling those hunts this year.

Posts: 199 | Location: North Central Indiana | Registered: 09 September 2002Reply With Quote