New
Find
Notify
Tools

Desert Bighorn Hunt......Good Price
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I don't know how many sheep hunters there are on this forum but if anyone out there is interested in a real good Desert Sheep hunt I have one available in Baja California anytime between Jan. 18th uptil perhaps the 15th of February. This place has been 100% success to date and it is all FAIR CHASE. Excellent rams in this area running 160 to 170 b&c. Better be in good shape though.
Hunters that are familiar with the expense of sheep hunting, especially Desert Sheep will agree with me that the price of $35,000 for a ten day hunt is a bargain. Many Desert Sheep hunts are $50,000 - $60,000. [Eek!] Just the price of a nice car......

[ 12-17-2002, 02:49: Message edited by: Keith Atcheson ]

Posts: 373 | Location: Big Sky Country | Registered: 14 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Keith you've got email--chris

Posts: 304 | Location: San Francisco, CA, USA | Registered: 14 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Good price however reality sets in.
I will continue to play the lottery of drawing a tag... It will probably do more good than playing powerball so I could afford a hunt.

Please post pictures!

Posts: 165 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 14 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted Hide Post
Yep, thats a good deal. WIsh I could find the same % discount on a Cape Buffalo hunt!

Posts: 6265 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 13 July 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
OK, I'm ressurecting this thread because the outfitter called and has not sold the hunt yet.
He dropped the price to $30000 for a 10 day rifle hunt. That is a superb price for Desert sheep in Mx. He also said if there's any archers out there that want to go he would make it a 21 day hunt.
Time frame is Jan. 30th to Feb. 20 2003.

Posts: 373 | Location: Big Sky Country | Registered: 14 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
WOW, you are just full of great deals lately Keith!

I guess this poor college professor will just have to put in for the Arizona draw, however.
Would you believe a husband and wife in my department drew AZ sheep tags in consecutive years??? WOW! [Eek!]

Regards,

JohnTheGreek

Posts: 4697 | Location: North Africa and North America | Registered: 05 July 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jeff Alexander
posted Hide Post
Keith, You think he'd go for $10 a month for the rest of my life? Jeff

Posts: 1002 | Location: Dixieland | Registered: 01 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
John,

To rich for my blood to..........and this is the ram I need for my slam. However I've been thinking about it...... I've put into Az. and Nv. for nineteen years now and I'm building my points strong now so I'm going to hold a little longer. In my mind $30000 goes a little further in Africa for multiple hunt opportunity as opposed to one sheep hunt.

one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Keith Atcheson:
...In my mind $30000 goes a little further in Africa ...

How many Buffalo would that get for Nicky? [Big Grin]

Posts: 6265 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 13 July 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Wendell,

Not enough! [Big Grin]

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Keith,

Couldn't agree with you more but some guys are just crazy for those sheep. A guy down the road just went out with his brother who had drawn a tag a couple months ago and took a respectable (though not huge) desert. AZ Fish and Wildlife gave those drawing permits aerial surveys with the locations of rams marked with X's. Holding out for the AZ draw is apparently not too bad an idea since the state will do your scouting for you [Big Grin]

Regards,

JohnTheGreel

Posts: 4697 | Location: North Africa and North America | Registered: 05 July 2001Reply With Quote