THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Re: Sheep hunting equipment questions.

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Sheep hunting equipment questions.
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Hey Cold Zero, tell me about delrin hush puppy swivels. One of the most persistent noise makers on any rifle I've owned has been squeaking sling swivels.

Posts: 866 | Location: Western CO | Registered: 19 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
cobrad;

because the swivels are plastic. they dont rust, squek or need oil. availabla at cabelas or any gun store store for a couple bucks. works for me.

cold zero

one of us
posted Hide Post
Browning A-Bolt II Medallion in 300 WSM
Leupold Vari-X II 6x18
Blued
No spotting scope
No range finder
Maybe FroggToggs

Posts: 13782 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
6,5x55SM, blued, Winchester, 130grain Barnes X. Lots of paste wax to keep the rust demons at bay.
Meopta spotting scope, Swarovski Binocs (7x42).
Good, BROKEN IN boots, your choice leather or Plastic. I like Russel sheep hunters model.
Military issue Gore Tex holds up well.

Posts: 7158 | Location: Snake River | Registered: 02 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
mark -

i have never hunted sheep, so take what i say with a grain of salt.

the best advice i can offer would be to consult mr. jack o'connor. his book, the art of hunting big game in north america, will tell you everything you need to know. 30-odd years may have passed since it was written, but keep in mind that more time than that had passed ebtween the time he began hunting and the time that his book was written.

Posts: 51246 | Location: Chinook, Montana | Registered: 01 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
i should have mentioned, just about any rifle will work. i believe that your .30/06 is very much up to the task. the good thing about o'connor's book is that it will teach you to HUNT sheep, not just shoot them (although that certainly is a part of it as well).

Posts: 51246 | Location: Chinook, Montana | Registered: 01 January 2004Reply With Quote