THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Why not re-introduce grizzlies in Colorado
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Why not re-introduce grizzlies in Colorado
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chuck375:
Well got my response from the Colorado Division of Wildlife. It was very thoughtful and polite, but NOT!!! lol Since I work for the government I can't get into political discussions, but maybe I can get a referendum on the ballot next year to put it to a vote ...

Never gonna happen.

Besides, working for the govt in no way impacts either your right or your ability to enter into political discussions. I spent over 25 years in the military and I was involved in political discussions all the time.

Posts: 1351 | Location: CO born, but in Athens, TX now. | Registered: 03 January 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Well your response surely indicates your level of intelligence. Why is ok to have grizzlies in Montana, Wyoming and Idaho but not Colorado. There's plenty of elk and deer in those states, grizzly attacks against humans are rare. Are the residents of those states just braver or are they morons too? Or would you prefer we eradicate the grizzlies in those states as well? My hope is that they would be introduced in the wilderness areas, at some point reaching a population where we could draw and hunt them, but in the meantime enjoy them as the magnificent creatures they truly are.

Well Grizzly attacks were not the point actually, it is their impact on elk calves that mostly bothers me along with the theft of a couple elk I traveled many miles and spent good money to hunt. In reality I was trying to protect the stoned greenies that comprise most of the Colorado population. Why should we pay to put Grizzlies in Colorado when all you have to do is take a drive to Wyoming and see all you want? You can introduce the bears into wilderness areas but guess what, they can walk out. Introducing bears is still better than the moron introduction of wolves into what was good elk country. I never said anything about eradication of any species, are you hearing voices in your head? If you haven't noticed once a predator is introduced the feds/game & fish depts. like to keep the study money coming in and make it really tough to open seasons for hunting said species. You can't yet hunt grizzlies in Wyoming and there are plenty of them. It took years to get to control the Wolf populations.

Posts: 2435 | Location: North Texas | Registered: 29 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of chuck375
posted Hide Post
A well thought out post. I appreciate your views. I am thinking of retiring in Alaska after having spent the last 45 years in the Rockies, so maybe I should just wait. I'll see plenty of bears there.

Take care,

Regards,

Chuck

"There's a saying in prize fighting, everyone's got a plan until they get hit"

Michael Douglas "The Ghost And The Darkness"

Posts: 4777 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: 01 January 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Well your response surely indicates your level of intelligence. Why is ok to have grizzlies in Montana, Wyoming and Idaho but not Colorado. There's plenty of elk and deer in those states, GRIZZLY ATTACKS AGAINST HUMANS ARE RARE. Are the residents of those states just braver or are they morons too? Or would you prefer we eradicate the grizzlies in those states as well? My hope is that they would be introduced in the wilderness areas, at some point reaching a population where we could draw and hunt them, but in the meantime enjoy them as the magnificent creatures they truly are.

Just maybe, because Grizzies are Rare. Big Grin

http://news.nationalpost.com/2...grizzly-bear-attack/

Grizz

Indeed, no human being has yet lived under conditions which, considering the prevailing climates of the past, can be regarded as normal. John E Pfeiffer, The Emergence of Man

Those who can't skin, can hold a leg. Abraham Lincoln

Only one war at a time. Abe Again.

Posts: 4211 | Location: Alta. Canada | Registered: 06 November 2002Reply With Quote