New
Find
Notify
Tools

Jack O-Conner Remembered
 Login/Join

<Jeff S>
posted
One of my all time favorite outdoor writers would have been 100 this year and Outdoorlife Magazine is running a series of his best articles in the paper edition and on their web-site. There are some great stories...I especially liked the one about the "Indestructable Buffalo" that took something like 6 rounds form his .375 and 3 from his PH's .470 NE before they put it down in the middle of a charge with a brain shot.
The Jack O-Conner series can be found at:

http://outdoorlife.com/oconnor/index.html

Enjoy!

one of us
posted Hide Post
I just finished reading all of the stories on that link! Now I will have to get a couple of his books!!!
Thanks

Have fun!

Posts: 2352 | Location: KENAI, ALASKA | Registered: 10 November 2001Reply With Quote
<Nevada Dan>
posted
Jeff, Thanks. I�m sure, like many others, as a young boy in the early 1960�s, I remember many a night, after I�d gone to bed, and tucked under the covers, reading his articles with my flashlight hoping not to get caught by my parents before I finished his stories. ( Heck, getting caught didn�t matter, just so long it was after I finished. ) He sure painted many adventures for this kid growing up in rural upstate New York.

<Sika>
posted
Yeah, definitely my favorite. If there was anything he wrote that I missed, I sure hope I find it someday. I think his style can never be recreated, a true master of his craft.