THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Re: More on Interbond performance (pics: bullet recovered!)

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: More on Interbond performance (pics: bullet recovered!)
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of POP
posted
Looks like they work well!

Posts: 3865 | Location: Cheyenne, WYOMING, USA | Registered: 13 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of boilerroom
posted Hide Post
Quote:

The Interbond is covered in the 6th Edition. It uses the same load data as all of Hornady's other 165 grain bullets. Volume two has the updated trajectory charts for the new bullets.

You would think that they would have the same load data as the SST.

Posts: 4326 | Location: Under the North Star! | Registered: 25 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of POP
posted Hide Post
Quote:

Quote:

The Interbond is covered in the 6th Edition. It uses the same load data as all of Hornady's other 165 grain bullets. Volume two has the updated trajectory charts for the new bullets.

6th edition already?

You would think that they would have the same load data as the SST.

Posts: 3865 | Location: Cheyenne, WYOMING, USA | Registered: 13 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'm looking forward to the release of the 180gr Accubonds and Interbonds...I can't believe that they weren't some of the first ones produced. My 7.82 Warbird doesn't like the 165 interbonds for some reason...although I've only tried one load. Strung from left to right, three shot group, each shot about 3/4" to the right of the previous. I'm hoping the 180 Accubond or Interbond Combo workes better. Have definitely been thinking about going back to a lead core bullet design instead of the 168gr XLC's that I was using. I don't think I'm sold on the "slicing through" property that the Barnes Bullets have instead of the "Womp" that a lead core bullet has. Has anyone else noticed that with the X, XLC, and TSX bullets? So far all the game animals I've shot with them don't react as violently as ones that have been shot with a lead core bullet. I've still got about 95 165gr IB's left, and I'm hoping my brother's 30'06 likes them, and I'll just load them up for him. He's got a late season either sex elk tag for Gardiner, and as evidenced by other users of this forum, the 165gr IB should work quite well out of his '06.

Posts: 264 | Location: Big Sky Country, MT | Registered: 12 October 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of PWN375
posted Hide Post
This is the first season I have used the Interbonds. I have shot all the way through a trotting whitetail buck from right front shoulder out just in front of left rear leg at about 50 yards with my 308 and 150 grain bullet. The blood trail would have been easy to follow if it had been necessary to track this deer. However, as he was running straight at me after the shot and died within 5 feet of my shooting position, tracking was not necessary. I have also used my 270 loaded with 130 bullets to kill a trotting whitetail doe from rear to front at over 100 yards, a broad side doe at over 150 yards and a full frontal neck shot on a doe at about 50 yards. All these shots exited and resulted in instant kills. Meat damage was not excessive, wound path was very good and the bullets seemed stay together very well and leave nice exits.

Perry

Posts: 1144 | Location: Green Country Oklahoma | Registered: 16 December 2003Reply With Quote