Notify
Tools

Butcher near Rifle, CO?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Kyler Hamann
posted
Hi,
Can anyone recommend a good game butcher around Rifle, CO?
Thanks,
Kyler

I'm so old that I still have some skills even without an internet connection or electricity.

Posts: 2506 | Location: Central Coast of CA | Registered: 10 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just check the local yellow pages. Every town of any size in western Colorado will have at least one (often several) processors.

Posts: 662 | Location: NW Colorado | Registered: 10 December 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Kyler Hamann
posted Hide Post
Thanks Sage,
I did look around and found several. I just wondered if maybe one was better than the others. Do you know of one you and your friends prefer around there?

Thanks,
Kyler

I'm so old that I still have some skills even without an internet connection or electricity.

Posts: 2506 | Location: Central Coast of CA | Registered: 10 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of loud-n-boomer
posted Hide Post
Hi Kyler.

My experience is that most of the guys that do game butchering during hunting season hire a bunch of the local high school kids for the season, and the quality reflects that. I will see if any of the folks that I know who hunt that area have any recommendations.

Dave

One morning I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got into my pajamas I'll never know. - Groucho Marx

Posts: 3821 | Location: Eastern Slope, Colorado, USA | Registered: 01 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Snellstrom
posted Hide Post
There is a good meat cutter out of Gypsum, we bumped into him again while on my brothers Moose hunt, he had a Goat tag to fill, I'll check with my brother for his name.

Posts: 5604 | Location: Eastern plains of Colorado | Registered: 31 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Kyler, I can help you in Craig, but not Rifle, sorry.

Posts: 662 | Location: NW Colorado | Registered: 10 December 2007Reply With Quote