THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Vast expanses of Colorado's Western Slope howl for wolves
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Vast expanses of Colorado's Western Slope howl for wolves
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
quote:
If I’m one of the few who don’t mind large predators in wild then I think we as hunters as a group, we are screwed in our heads

I am not sayimg that a lot of us aren't.

B ut stop and think about it Milan, and I am not saying I agree with it, but as long as there have been humans on this planet, which species have humans worked the hardest at eradicating?????????

PREDATORS, because they directly compete against humans.

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
I got what you saying Randall
I’m more aiming at majority of “ hunters” who simply hate predators not realizing what makes nature and us complete

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Man should be happy and in good humor until the day he dies...
Only fools hope to live forever
“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I’m more aiming at majority of “ hunters” who simply hate predators not realizing what makes nature and us complete

You are attempting to deal with one of the most basic aspects of human nature/evolution!

Humans as a group, will never go beyond the belief that predators, no matter the species, pose an immediate and direct threat to humans ability to survive.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
I do understand
I enjoy nature as I hunt
As simple as that
And it’s just fine if some dislike me for defending wolves
They belong here and who am I to deny them their existence
And I am fine with the fact that some even hate my guts for that

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.

“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
t

Posts: 19444 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I do understand
I enjoy nature as I hunt
As simple as that
And it’s just fine if some dislike me for defending wolves
They belong here and who am I to deny them their existence
And I am fine with the fact that some even hate my guts for that

Milan, I think all of us that hunt enjoy nature, and I don't believe there is anything wrong with defending wolves.

I think the bigger issue in the whole wolf controversey, is and will remain the "Heavy Handed" actions of USF&W and the way they ran the program.

As far as peoples personal attitudes toward other members on a site such this one, who would want to be friends with people that get mad because another person simply does not beievele as they do.

One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
Without heavy handed tactic, large predators would be nonexistent

“ Hávamál”

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well, lots of folks don't see it that way

What both sides miss is that just like the various game species, all the predators need to be managed, not exterminated but MANAGED and since there is no "Pristine" wilderness, such concepts as the effects of increased predator numbers upon the available prey species which includes game species and livestock have to be considered.

USF&W, really did not do that, people wanted wolves re-introduced and that was what USF&W did, but they introduced too many/too fast.

One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
But as we know, democracy doesn’t always work in everything
Game depts do what they do and we don’t always agree with them
But it’s a tough deal to agree on everything

“ Hávamál”

One of Us
posted Hide Post
turn em loose, aspen and vail could be some good places to start

Posts: 178 | Location: upstate NY | Registered: 14 July 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I bet wolves chasing Down Hill skiers would go a long way toward changing some folks minds!

One of Us
Picture of chuck375
posted Hide Post
Some grizzlies would help chase the CA transplants out too!

Smiler

Regards,

Chuck

"There's a saying in prize fighting, everyone's got a plan until they get hit"

Michael Douglas "The Ghost And The Darkness"

Posts: 4737 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: 01 January 2008Reply With Quote