THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    White Tail Hunt for my Father and me?!

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

White Tail Hunt for my Father and me?!
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I would like to find a resonable whitetail deer hunt for my father and me. I hunt each year but Dad has been too busy. It has been 30 years since he hunted and we have never hunted together. I would really like a special experience this fall as his father (my grandfather) who taught us both to hunt just past away.
A good guide is essential!!
Thanks all

one of us
posted Hide Post
We would like to stay in Texas but are willing to travel too.

one of us
posted Hide Post
First of all you need to put a dollar figure that you are willing to pay. Reasonable is pretty broad. What type of deer will you be happy with? How do you prefer to hunt...stand, still hunt, safari style? How many days do you want to hunt? What region of Texas do you prefer to hunt?

Posts: 1557 | Location: Texas | Registered: 26 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
DSK, I believbe there are some ranches that offer guided hunts around the Kerrville area. I think the YO Ranch offers this and even has some exotic deer etc.

Shop around Look for ads possibly in back of American Rifleman etc. Surely someone here can recommend one to you from 1st hand experience.

Good hunting.

Posts: 19677 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: 23 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
As far as cost is conserned I do not really know where they begin. I usually stand hunt but any type is fine. As far as deer is conserned; I would like to bag a buck each of at least 10 points. However it is more important for dad to get one
I would prefer that the hunt be one price for everything.
Please refer me to those you know of.
Thank you again.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Thank you, gentlemen!

one of us
Picture of HuntR
posted Hide Post

dsk1969,

You didn't specify any specific region. Consider Maine, if some good deer hunting with the opportunity for some "big woods", low hunting pressure, and solitude for you and your dad is what you'd like. Lot's of good guides up this way.

I lost my dad 8 hunting seasons ago. There's no better quality time than hunting together. Enjoy every minute!

Regards,
Mike

Posts: 179 | Location: Maine | Registered: 08 March 2001Reply With Quote