New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone familiar with these guys?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
appalachia-adventures.com. I am thinking about booking a black bear hunt with these guys when my tax refund comes. Have any of you used them or know anything about them. Their prices look pretty reasonable. Unfortunately I don't have the time or funding to go to one of the more popular black bear hunting regions like the Northeast, Alaska, Rockies, or Canada. I'm just looking for a reasonably priced hunt as close to home as possible. Thanks.

Posts: 144 | Location: Boiling Springs, SC, USA | Registered: 14 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Never heard of them but if they ask you to go for a canoe ride with a slack jawed, glassy eyed kid playing a banjo, I would think twice about going.

one of us
Picture of Quarter Round
posted Hide Post
I would opt for a self guided hunt in West Virginia or Virginia. National and state hunting lands with a fair bear population. No hunting over bait in WV, but you may hunt with hounds in certain counties.

One of Us
Picture of Oday450
posted Hide Post
Have not looked at these guys as most of my bear hunting has been in the West. There are bear in West Virginia and across the border here into Maryland - in fact they are overpopulated in far Western Maryland.

If you are looking for close to home hunts, have you considred North Carolina and Tennessee? Both have good bear populations (over 11,000 in NC) and a number of outfitters. I have just started looking at NC for a short trip next year.

"Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult."

Posts: 1313 | Location: The People's Republic of Maryland, USA | Registered: 05 August 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yeah these guys are out of NC and hunt both NC and TN. I'm thinking about doing a bear/hog combo. $250/day with a 3 day min. sounds pretty good to me.

Posts: 144 | Location: Boiling Springs, SC, USA | Registered: 14 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have not heard of thee guys but I have done a bear hunt in the NC/TN area and it was terrible. There were hunters all over the place all with their own pack of dogs. Only thing I saw in three days was one wild pig track. I figured if one pack of dogs got on a bear trail all the packs would soon be on it. Then first one to get to the bear with rifle won. Needless to say I did not think very much of the area.

Posts: 3143 | Location: Duluth, GA | Registered: 30 September 2005Reply With Quote