New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mad Deer Disease?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Tree Humper Propaganda or Truth? Any body know whats up with this.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060127/hl_nm/madcow_deer_dc

Posts: 412 | Location: Iowa, for now | Registered: 18 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MrHawg
posted Hide Post
Just another poor excuse for journalism, making a story about nothing, which will get everybody in a big panic over nothing. Same thing happened in Wisconsin several years ago, when a BS story about three hunters who ate deer all their lives getting sick... It was bogus, but it got everyone all worked up in a hurry.

Posts: 244 | Location: Margaritaville | Registered: 08 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
was that mad deer or mad dear disease?? know something about the 2nd one

Posts: 13446 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Yea, and there is a meteoroid that is supposed to strike the earth in the year 2024. Eeker

If majority of folks actually knew the condition of much of the livestock we commonly butcher and consume they would puke. If CWD could cause CJD in humans, then everyone I know in Wyoming probably has it. Truthfully, this state actually has a lower rate of CJD than what occurs naturally.

Crappy journalism at best.

MG

One of Us
Picture of LongCarbine
posted Hide Post
Just another journalist playing off people's fears and trying to get people more worked up than they need to be. Sure, there are unanswered questions about CWD, but I for one think there's been a lot of misinformation and confusion spread around about it. Even if the prion is found in the meat, the disease has been around for damn near 40 years (that we know of) and nobody's croaked from eating a CWD-infected deer. I'm sure not going to get worked up about it. In the grand sceme of things, I'm a lot more worried about getting struck by lightning or beaten to death by Bigfoot than I am catching CWD...

"That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable."

Posts: 125 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 19 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MrHawg
posted Hide Post
It will be very interesting to see how hunters as well as state agencies react to this. Many states already prohibit bringing in brain/spinal material from CWD areas, so now is the meat next? On another note, has anyone noticed themselves staring at Madgoat's avatar, having deep thoughts about seriously kicking someone off of a cliff? I think I need a nap.

Posts: 244 | Location: Margaritaville | Registered: 08 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Another nail gets pounded into hunting's coffin.

Perception is reality.

One of Us
Picture of LongCarbine
posted Hide Post
MrHawg,
That's Kenny getting kicked off the cliff...

"That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable."

Posts: 125 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 19 January 2006Reply With Quote